Changing country or removing incorrect addresses?

PayPal_david

Hi everyone,

There is a lot of questions lately about changing the country that your PayPal account is registered in and also getting old or incorrect addresses removed from your PayPal account.

Changing Country

Firstly, it's not possible at the moment in order for anyone to change the country that your PayPal account is registered to. If for example you are living in the UK and you have moved to a different country, you should register a new account in the country that you have moved to and if you wish, keep your UK PayPal account open if you are planning to return to the UK.

Removing Incorrect Addresses

If you can see some addresses in your PayPal account, you would need to contact customer services directly in order for us to get the incorrect addresses removed from your account. These are gift addresses that you would have sent items to in the past and they can only be removed by customer services.

I hope this answers anyones questions that you may have about moving country or getting old or incorrect address removed from your PayPal account.

David.

Login to Me Too
80 REPLIES 80

Sleepyzz
Contributor
Contributor

One way would be to shut down your UK account first,  so yes,  that would work,  but as Yoldun points out,  you could also go the Paypal way and get yourself another email address which ought not to be too difficult.  It all depends on how strong your need to keep your UK Paypal account  going is. 

Login to Me Too

derekt
Contributor
Contributor

But I forgot to add that any bank account tying in with your Paypal account that you choose to use must be registered at an address in the country in which it is based. So, if you have a, say, French Paypal account using a UK bank, the bank must be registered to a UK address. If you have  aFrench address only then you must use a Freance-based bank.

All very simple if you are a Paypal wonk - but not if you're a normal paypal customer, who just happens to have accounts in both the UK and France, eaxh registered to a French address, say. (Which is not unusual, note, if any Paypal wonk reads this).

Login to Me Too

LyraH
New Community Member

Like others, I need to change the expiry date and security number on my debit card. Same me, same bank account that I've had with paypal since the days when paypal was geeky, but currently outside UK with non UK billing address (which is in any case irrelevant since my bank never uses anything other than email or secure messaging to communicate!). Paypal wants the card details updated. I am happy to do this, but apparently I can't. I want to use my UK bank account on this account. I don't want another account in another country on this bank account - that would have a link to an account in that country - duh. So why is it so impossible to do this simple thing? After all, it's being added to protect paypal, ffs, not for my benefit.

Login to Me Too

yoldun
Contributor
Contributor

Welcome to the Paypal world. As I note in my previous post the system is built to serve Paypal: customers are there to keep the cashflow going (and to do as Paypal tells them)..

Login to Me Too

sydonie
Contributor
Contributor

hello

i like word can help for me get new paypal for send to dept to my bank want account bank dept thank you

Login to Me Too

Gordon2010
New Community Member

Hi David

I think you dont understand the issue.

Its not just that 'we' need to change the address or that opening a new account is too difficult for us.

PayPal is a transactional bank, it has a history of our payments to and from customers or suppliers and as such the record of infomration is legally binding for past works - its important that we keep it.

So, to have an account in the UK, which is inactive, but still registered to an address at which I am not longer living is a problem.

It means that there ids always the potential risk that the current occupant of my old house can take my identity and access my account.

Put simply, the PayPal system does not offer customer security and has an open door for identity fraud.

This is the issue you need to adress.

A solution could be to allow accounts to be registered as inactive and for proxy addresses to be registered to them.

I would also suggest mandating that accounts can only be made inactive when they are connected to live account.

You see, we need to be able to be secure, to access our account history and aware of any suspicious activities.

So come on PayPal, help us here

Chris

Login to Me Too

yoldun
Contributor
Contributor

Brilliantly put! I hope - just hope - that now Paypal is separating from eBay that they try to behave more like a bank that listens to its customers.

Login to Me Too

Francklin
New Community Member

I havé two account sur Noé in France and one in uk

its casing problème because icould not get anyresponse to reste m'y french forgotten password

i coulant change m'y n

mail adress as far wouldnt accept it trier m'y Facebook adress ok but cantine get mail to change password

can i pût m'y french account and Cardiff on m'y uk account it sur reall bugging me that i cant get this sorted

Login to Me Too

Giadrion
Contributor
Contributor

i have no problems making a new account the problems is that have 1 email adress not planning to make another one to make a new paypal account is there a way i can erase the email and account and make another one with the same email adress?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Giadrion,

Welcome to the community forum.

If you close your old PayPal account that will free up the email address that you were using. You may need to give things a few minutes to reset but as soon as the old account is closed the information is available to be used on a new account. 

I hope this information is useful. 

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.