Changing Home Address Confirming E-ma

Bobigotjam
Contributor
Contributor

I changed my home address and the confirming e-mail from Paypal has the wrong info.  I went back and checked my profile. My profile is correct.  How can I contact Paypal to resolve this?   Using Help or contact us gets me no where.

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

boccaccn
Contributor
Contributor

Did anyone figure out how to change country, I can't pay for items as its saying my credit card address is wrong.

Login to Me Too

r3dg3ckorob
New Community Member

I also need to change country and can't find a soluton!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Sophie

Hi r3dg3ckorob,

Welcome to the Community Forum! To change the country of your account, you'll need to close the account and open a new one in the correct country. Our system is country-specific, and as the functionality is different for each country where we're offered, it's necessary to close your account when you move to a new country.

Before you close your account, make sure that you withdraw any money on your balance and then remove all financial information.

You can close your account by clicking on 'Profile', then 'My account settings' and choosing 'Close account' in the 'Account Type' section on the next page.

Thanks,

Sophie

Login to Me Too

PanosV
New Community Member

Hello,

By closing the account, will i abe able to use the same email?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi PanosV,

Once you have closed your account you will be able to use the same email address on your new account.

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

smilzeee62
New Community Member

I closed my Paypal account when I learned I would be moving to a diffrent address I believed this would  stop any confusion' when I had moved to the new address I opened up a new Paypal account ( or so I thought ) after purchasing a item everything seem to of gone well until I checked my emails, I noticed the item I had purchased was being delivered to my old address ! of course I sent a message to the seller ..hoping the item had not been sent yet. I know it was partly my own fault as I had not checked the delivery address before confirming....but I did not believe there was any need as I had already changed the address on my account when giving my card details to PayPal

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi smilzeee62,

When you close an account and open up a new one we don't transfer over any details.

If you were buying on eBay or a website that you have used before it is possible that your old address was stored there.

Check with the website to make sure that your address is correct for the future so you don't have the worry about this happening again.

Let me know how you get on.

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

mavisbudda
New Community Member

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.