Change eCheque to instant payment?

maiseydaisey
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Can anyone help me with a payment problem please ?

I have just checked my paypal acount and found it is pending with an eCheque - this is a first for me!

I have now added a credit card to my paypal account.

Can i over ride the eCheque with my credit card? 

If so, how do I do it?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Payments from a bank account will always go as an echeque if you don't have a credit or debit card also registered on the account or they have expired and need updating.

You cannot cancel an echeque but the seller can, contact the seller and ask them to cancel it and then pay again and as long as your c.c. has been confirmed and verified then it will go as an instant payment.

However the echeque will take ages to clear through to the seller and then back to you as a refund before it hits your bank account and will probably show as pending for a while.  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Payments from a bank account will always go as an echeque if you don't have a credit or debit card also registered on the account or they have expired and need updating.

You cannot cancel an echeque but the seller can, contact the seller and ask them to cancel it and then pay again and as long as your c.c. has been confirmed and verified then it will go as an instant payment.

However the echeque will take ages to clear through to the seller and then back to you as a refund before it hits your bank account and will probably show as pending for a while.  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

maiseydaisey
Contributor
Contributor

Many thanks for the feedback.

I will email the seller to cancel so I can pay by Credit Card.

Cat Happy

Login to Me Too

chuckle
New Community Member

how long is ages for the refund to come back into your account!!!!! help just found out money has come out and it was cancelled on the same day??? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.