Cannot 'claim' funds HELP!!!

Rosh123

Hello I am a new ebayer and prior to setting up my account I had problems logging in so I made another account using a different email address, then once I was in i set up a Paypal account using a different email address, now I am receiving confirmation that my items have sold to my old email address and it is not letting me claim my funds because the old email address is invalid!!! but when I log into Paypal with my current email address the funds are not there! I don't know what to do and need to get the items sent off for delivery ASAP! PLEASE HELP ME

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Rosh123

Try adding the old email address to your ppal and see if the money comes through

If not contact ppal and they should try to help you access the old account

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If they are being sent to an old email address that you can't access then you need to contact customer services and see if they can remove those funds for you.

That old email addy must still be on your auctions.

If you can access then try adding that old email addy to your new paypal account.

Failing that >>>

You need to contact your buyers and ask them to see what it says in there paypal accounts either:

1. Unclaimed with a cancel option.
2. Unclaimed.
3 Completed.

If its:
1. Then ask them to cancel the payment but tell them that it will take a few days to go back to their funding source if they funded their original payment with a debit or credit card. Then get them to use the "send money" > Goods option and pay to your email address. Tell them DO NOT use the ebay option or it will direct them to ebay checkout and the same thing will happen.

2. If there is no cancel option then the buyer will get their money back automatically 30 days after paying if it remains unclaimed. If it changes to completed they need to come here for advice. You will need to sort out between you if you want to still go ahead with the sale or cancel it.

3. If its completed then come back for more advice.

Then next time you list an item for sale change the email addy during the listing process and check everytime.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Rosh123

Try adding the old email address to your ppal and see if the money comes through

If not contact ppal and they should try to help you access the old account

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.