Cannot add phone number

hoangsonbk
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I'm from Vietnam. When I logged in Paypal today I was required to enter a phone number so Paypal can send a text message for verification. But when I entered my mobile phone number, it said "You have entered an invalid or partial phone number. Please check your entry and try again.

The format of Vietnamese phone number is 09xx xxx xxx or +849xx xxx xxx, not sure how I can enter my phone number correctly on paypal

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

This is the U.K forum, do you have a U.K paypal account?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

hoangsonbk
Contributor
Contributor

My apology, I think mine is not a UK account. I think I should contact papal customer support

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Thats the best bet as info changes dependent on what country you are in.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

metspasov
New Community Member

I have the same issue, although I am in the site of paypal for my country (Bulgaria)... Can somebody help please?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Anna

Hi metspasov,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community Forum!

I’m very sorry to hear about the challenges with adding the phone number.

PayPal system automatically adds the country prefix so please make sure to add your full phone number but without the country prefix.

If you will continue experiencing challenges, please consider calling PayPal Customer Services by clicking onto Contact us on any PayPal page as they will be able to review your account.

We also provide support via Social Media (24/7). You can contact us directly on Twitter @AskPayPal or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK.

Hope it helps.

Anna

Login to Me Too

buzbybixby
Contributor
Contributor

I have just about given up on using UPS as a shipping option. Shipping to the same address in USPS no problem but UPS will not accept the address due to the phone number. Tried every option possible with and w/o country code. Why is UPS always so **bleep** up as an option? Wrong phone number = impossible to ship? That is absurd.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.