Cannot add bank account to PayPal

Darren19
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

Im having a problem when adding my bank account details to my profile. When I do, i get this error message-

We were unable to process your bank account registration at this time. We apologise for the inconvenience. Please try again at a later date.

I did add the bank details to my account a couple of days ago, but removed it as the bank account was locked at the time, but now its not so I want to add it again.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too
44 REPLIES 44

PayPal_paula

Hi 123987, 

Welcome to the PayPal community forum. New members are always welcome.

For some customers, when they are receiving this error it is because the bank account is already registered to another PayPal account. Is it possible that your bank account could be registered to anyone else's PayPal account. 

Also you can get this error message, if the bank account you are registering is not suitable to be used on PayPal, for example, you can not add a savings account to your PayPal account. 

I understand that you may not want to call our customer service team but this is the best way to get it resolved. 

I hope this helps 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Contributor
Contributor

my paypal isn't registered to any other account , it's brand new bank account opend couple of months back & it's cheqing account ...

Today again I contacted customer service & I must admit , paypal customer service **bleep** The robot person didn't know a **bleep** about paypal !

Login to Me Too

chriz0131
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_paula wrote:

Hi 123987, 

Welcome to the PayPal community forum. New members are always welcome.

For some customers, when they are receiving this error it is because the bank account is already registered to another PayPal account. Is it possible that your bank account could be registered to anyone else's PayPal account. 

Also you can get this error message, if the bank account you are registering is not suitable to be used on PayPal, for example, you can not add a savings account to your PayPal account

I understand that you may not want to call our customer service team but this is the best way to get it resolved. 

I hope this helps 

Paula 

If not in my SAVINGS BANK ACCOUNT then where else can I withdraw my PayPal funds when it say ADD BANK?

Login to Me Too

Rapid_Runner

Unable to add bank account, this technical issue with PayPal is bad to have at this time of year as wanting to

withdraw funds.  Rather odd that this issue also ocuured in 2012 around the same time!   What are Pay Pal doing about fixing? 

Same Error message all this week. What is the solution, clicking on 'go to solution' does not link.

Login to Me Too

kmiresare

Dearest Paypal,

I have contacted you but you kept on sending generic reply I have tried every single possible solution you have provided on your site but nothing works.

I think that error I am getting needs a specific help, I am from the philippines and could not call your costumer service hotline.

"We were unable to process your bank account registration at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again at a later date."

I'll be waiting for your assistance.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi kmiresare,

You're right. There normally is a specific reason for a message like this.  Since I am unable to see your account, however, I can't give you the advice you need. 

If you are not finding email support useful we can also be contacted via Twitter on @AskPayPal and via our UK Facebook page. 

I hope we can help you to get this resolved. 

Rachael

Login to Me Too

1GR3

And if twitter and Facebook don't help take a picture of your problem, upload it on Instagram and mention paypal in a comment 🙂 You must be kidding!

One more unsetisfied customer over here... Man Frustrated

Please fix it or at least hire someone who will read contact questions and then try to help!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dian

Hi 1GR3, 

Thank you for posting in our Community. 

I am sorry to hear that you are not happy with the service you received.  I am afraid that the reason why a bank account cannot be added can be very different per customer. So in order to help you we need account details. On this Community we can only provide genera information and as much as we want to help we are not able to do this here.  This is why I would like to ask you to contact us. If you were not happy with the answer you received by email I would advise to contact us on Twitter or Facebook so that we can have a quicker response time to your issue and see what we can do to help you resolve this. 

Dian

Login to Me Too

Espen_83
Contributor
Contributor

This problem has been going on for ages. No solution in sight. You can always try to "contact" paypal through email and get an automated response with the exact same suggestions as from the page you contacted them from.

It's a great irony that you need an email adress to use paypal, yet they can't use it for it's intended purpose.. communication.

"Please try again later".

What it should say is: "I'm Sorry, we are incompetent, don't expect a solution to your problem any time soon. If you want to communicate with us you will either have to ring us or contact us through the lowest form of communication possible, twitter or facebook or you can complain about it on the forums and one of our shills will get back to you shortly with a standaridized nonsensical answer where they try to divert attention away from the issue and at the same time claim to not be working for paypal"

With the fees this criminal, parasitical company charge their "customers" (victims) one should be able to expect some form of communication, but no, that is just to much to ask.

I can easily see where this problem came from. It came from insecure logins and thus scamming and the solution to this problem is to have a code generator like most web based banks use these days, but i guess paypal makes to little money for that to happen with their "small" fees and outsourced labor so instead they just limit peoples ability to add an bank account. It wouldnt suprise me if some higher-up considered this a "good thing" because it means "more money in the system".

It's beyond dumb and amateurish.

Looking forward to visas v.me and mastercards masterpass.

Login to Me Too

IntonerFour

Paypal ignored all of my messages, I have this problem with my account since May, and I can't solve it alone.

This is becoming a very serious issue for me, becasue I can't move my money to my bank acc, but I need to have more money on it. 

But Paypal can't even write me a mail, or answer here. I'm so angry about this!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.