Cannot add an email address.

lenworth
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to change my main email for PayPal. When I try to add my main email address the account pages tells me 'That email address isn't available. Do you want to add another one?' I have added other email addresses without any problem at all.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Weird, sorry can't help you, think you will need to contact customer services.

Click on the words "Contact us" at the bottom of most paypal pages or in your paypal account summary > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent.

OR have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

how many do you have as you can only have up to 8 on one paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

lenworth
Contributor
Contributor

I only have two and I have been able to add others without any problem. It seems to be just this one email address that will not work. I have also tried another email address on the same email domain (my wife's) and that was fine.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You don't have that email addy added to any other paypal account, even one that is now closed?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

lenworth
Contributor
Contributor

No I don't. I have only ever had one account and I have not used that email address before for PayPal.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Weird, sorry can't help you, think you will need to contact customer services.

Click on the words "Contact us" at the bottom of most paypal pages or in your paypal account summary > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent.

OR have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

lenworth
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your efforts to help. Much appreciated.

Login to Me Too

lenworth
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to log in with the problem email and found there was an account under that name. I was able to reset the password and then delete the account. I have no idea how I created another account but i did! Anyway thanks for your help - it pointed me in the right direction.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.