Cancelling payment

happychappy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I've recently sent money to the wrong email address, the money hasn't been claimed but I've no option in the action bar to cancel payment, so how do I?

thanks all

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If the PayPal status is Unclaimed and there is a Cancel button next to the transaction on the Overview page, then the payment has been sent to an email address that is not associated with the seller’s PayPal account.

If the Paypal status is Unclaimed withOUT a cancel option then it means that either the seller is new and has to claim the first payment or you have paid with a debit or credit card and the seller needs to upgrade to accept the payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If there is no cancel option then you will have to wait 30 days and paypal will return it to you automatically.

If at any time it changes from unclaimed to complete which is a possibility come here for further advice.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

happychappy
Contributor
Contributor

So why no cancel button?

many thanks for prompt response

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If the PayPal status is Unclaimed and there is a Cancel button next to the transaction on the Overview page, then the payment has been sent to an email address that is not associated with the seller’s PayPal account.

If the Paypal status is Unclaimed withOUT a cancel option then it means that either the seller is new and has to claim the first payment or you have paid with a debit or credit card and the seller needs to upgrade to accept the payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

happychappy
Contributor
Contributor
Lovely, thats everything explained, thanks very much for your help
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Your welcome, thank you for my thank you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

alivia262012
New Community Member

cant the other side ie the seller cancel payment and i can pay another way

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

A seller can't cancel a payment they have not got.

Thats if you are talking about a payment that is showing as unclaimed with a cancel option in your paypal account.

Read the above posts.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.