Buyer sent money to my mobile number instead of my email! His money gone, I don't have it! HELP!

allcarstrucks

Hello, I sold my car on eBay, and the buyer sent the deposit for the car using the PayPal mobile app and used my mobile phone number as the identifier to which he was sending payment.

The problem is I use my email address as my identifier and didn't have my mobile attached to my PayPal account. Now he says the money has been taken out of his account and its status is displayed to him as "unclaimed."

I linked my mobile phone number to my account, but there isn't a trace to be found of him sending me money anywhere. How in the world do I get this money??

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If its unclaimed then the buyer should have the option to cancel the payment in his paypal account.

This is not your problem so if you have not got the money there is nothing you can do.

Finally NEVER accept paypal for cars.....you have no seller protection at all.........cash on collection only or direct bank transfer once the buyer has seen the car and before he drives away with it. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.