Buyer ls lying to get refund. HELP!

julielt
Contributor
Contributor

I sold my diamond ring to a woman who after nearly 2 weeks wants a refund saying diamond is not as described (palest yellow) she says its brown!! Eh?? Never heard of a brown diamond,anyway,i have proof of its clarity and colour from a reputable jeweler and an insurance valuation both stating colour as palest yellow.  I reduced the price for her as she said she didn't have the full amount i wanted,she took 2 days to pay for it and only did so after i told her i was going to re-list it if she had changed her mind. i really put myself out for this woman and now she wants money back by calling me a liar!

I really dont know where i stand here,will i lose money i paid in fee's to paypal? has she got a real claim against me even though she is lying and i have the documents to prove it? It just seems so unfair that im having all this hassle after 2 weeks of her having this ring and obviously has just changed her mind.  Please can someone advise? 🙂

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Unfortunately PayPal's Policies allow for 45 days from the date of the purchase to open a dispute requesting a refund.  If you don't refund and PayPal decides in the buyer's favor, they (PayPal) will do the refund.  It's possible you could get the buyer to close the dispute and return the ring, once that happens, you would do the full refund, minus the shipping fees.  If PayPal simply decides with the buyer, it's quite possible, you could loose the funds and the ring.  As for the processing fees, you won't get that back.

Login to Me Too

julielt
Contributor
Contributor

So,as per usual with ebay and paypal the buyer comes out on top! I must try it myself,what a great scam! You get a refund and get to keep a 1.04 ct diamond ring! Over my dead body she will !!!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Well she has not won the dispute yet has she??

Provide all the evidence you have to paypal and you may just win.

If you don't then the buyer has to return the item to you before getting a refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

harryboorman
New Community Member
I have similar problem with a 200 festival ticket, they are currently reviewing case, as she saying she did not receive, but I have screenshots of texting with her with tracking number in, she text back saying "thanks, got it."
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.