Bicycle class as a vehicle under buyer protection?

joshbaro
New Community Member

Wanting to buy a cycle off a private seller using paypal but just noticed vehicles arent covered. Does a cycle count as a vehicle to paypal or is it covered under buyer protection? It is an expensive bike so i do not want to make a mistake thanks.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

joshbaro
New Community Member

Also the seller has stated that they have had their account locked for 14 days because of too much money being processed so i have to wait, is this anything to be concerned about ?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there joshbaro,

It is motorised vehicles that are not covered under PayPal's buyer protection policy, a normal mountain/race bike would be covered under our buyer protection policy.

In relation to the seller having issues receiving payments, this could be down to a couple of reasons however you only need to be concerned about covering yourself under PayPal's buyer protection policy, here are some tips,

To qualify for PayPal Purchase Protection: 

• Use PayPal to complete your payment.
  • Pay for the item with one payment. Items purchased with multiple payments aren't eligible.
  • Let the seller know there's a problem with the transaction by opening a dispute in the Resolution Center within 45 days of making your payment. Then, escalate the dispute to a claim within 20 days of the date you opened the dispute.

Hope this helps!

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

gafonso10
New Community Member

Hi,

What about an electric bicycle?

Login to Me Too

eleniM
New Community Member

Yes, what is the case with an Electric bike?

I think this falls to the case where A) it is fully customized item and B) It has an electric motor and over parts.

Any answer?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.