Are you being advised that your bank account is registered on another PayPal account?

PayPal_david

Hi everyone,

This is a problem that I am seeing come up a lot more recently on the community.

Although we would like to try and assist you as best as we can, this issue is a problem that can only be investigated and where possible, resolved by contacting customer services. It could be that your bank account may be registered to an old account that you may have used.

The best thing for anyone to do in this situation is to contact customer services and we can investigate it further for you to try and help you with registering your bank account on your current PayPal accounts.

David.

Login to Me Too
31 REPLIES 31

tony10059
Contributor
Contributor

after contacting customer service, problem not resolved, the advisor didn't seem interested and didn't want te details.

waste of time phoning customer services.

its a joke i get emails saying please use paypal, its easy to use, not so in my case

Login to Me Too

billj
New Community Member

I was able to add my account details. Then I deleted them and tried to re-add them. That is when I got the message. Customer Services are suggesting ti is because I had a PayPal account (now closed) linked to this bank account years ago. I would have thought that if this were the case, I wouldn't have been able to add my bank account details to my new PayPal account at all.

Login to Me Too

tony10059
Contributor
Contributor

do customer service read any emails? all they suggest, call customer service

Done that, told problem would be sorted, waited as usual, PROBLEM not SORTED.

told no outbound call service - thats rubbish, 

paypal customer service is a waste of time

Login to Me Too

jarousek2011

be careful because somebody can you give to me bank details,igive to you big pleasure,please delete your acount because iwaz in same situation and iknow now who is death anyway,,just use me card but like under less 8 £ so if you are good money you never find this,just check all your transaktion this is good advance for free trust me sorry about me writing im not english native,paypal never help if you loose money or just need some solution,but this only issue from your side not paypal,icant sey somethink wrong about this is normal problem and your stupid step just close acount and start from diferent acount,believe if you loose more than 2000 every year next time you will be careful like me

Login to Me Too

DonnaFlynn
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal agents are a waste of time ! Recently called to verify an account that ive been using for the last 2 years (why I don't know) but the two small deposits never hit my bank so I now have a seller waiting for payment! paypal say will hit my account again in 2-3 days!

Login to Me Too

iharris2
Contributor
Contributor

Please see my additional post on this matter.  PayPal's treatment of its customers is nothing short of astonishingly terrible.

Login to Me Too

jarousek2011

no believe to me ijust try help people how stay tosave mate icant give to advance people how working this sysytem im not fisher or amigo which want steal any money idont want going to jail ihave got good job and some good advance for all peole, like you seed just try first contact and will be patient for ages,stil exist good people like which willy want just good thinks for rest peoples

Login to Me Too

SirCody

I Agree 100 percent, and this is my guess of what is going on and i'm sure it will be in court soon....

They are a Merchant service, FAR from being a Bank. They control your money the way they see fit and if they went bankrupt overnight, you would be **bleep**ed. they are not like a bank where law requires that  your money is Protected. There is no reasoa Credit card etc etc, places much more of a Bigger Deal then this company, I'm not forced to give them my Bank Info etc....Something isn't right here...Let's Figure it Out!!!n they should have access to my Bank account if i use a Credit card to Purchase....My guess is people getting these messages are cause Paypal has tried to access these accounts and some reason couldn't and now asking for it which means PAYPAL has tried to access accounts without permission and that is against the law and thought by using this message etc that it would look normal and whatever....If i apply for 

Login to Me Too

EGLARKIN
Contributor
Contributor

Customer services are a joke, they dont reply to email and iff they do its very vague, calling customer services may seem like a good option, but if you get someone like the irish woman i got this morning, you may as well smash your head into a brick wall. If you want my recommendation, DONT USE PAYPAL EVER

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.