An unknown service error occurred.

eliotn
New Community Member

Hi,

I'm trying to add my bank account and I get this:

"An unknown service error occurred."

The bank account is not linked with any other paypal account.

Thanks

Jake

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

Pro-giraffe
New Community Member

It gets you past the unknown service error, but then confirming the account is the bigger problem. I added the 3 zeros and tried to confirm it online but no dice, so I had to wait for the deposits. The deposits never came though and I tried deleting the account and re-adding it. Problem is, I can't tell which account number I'm supposed to use; the one I get off of my personal statement is 16 digits, entered, and errored. The other number I got from the bank dealer when I first got the account along with the routing number and its around 8-10 digits and STILL nothing! I'm just about out of patience, and since I'm overseas for the next year I can't really call them. Frustration.

Login to Me Too

r0nn1ef
New Community Member

Adding three zeros worked ... my account number was 7 digits. So much for the help text (3-17 characters) above the account number field. Smiley Frustrated

Login to Me Too

zahib
New Community Member

So I was billing a client got paid but couldn't accept money for 2 days. So looked on here found out that It was better to call and did.

Spoked to the guy and turns out bank was already added in the system but wasn't verified in the past. The rep enabled the account and then it was instantly fixed.

So if you know your putting in th right information and keep getting the message, call them.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.