An unknown service error occurred.

eliotn
New Community Member

Hi,

I'm trying to add my bank account and I get this:

"An unknown service error occurred."

The bank account is not linked with any other paypal account.

Thanks

Jake

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

lmaoprah
New Community Member

I'm having the same problem, so annoying! Anyone have any ideas?

Login to Me Too

jkf323
New Community Member

Same here

Login to Me Too

THardware
New Community Member

We are also having this issue

Login to Me Too

The_Emporium
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue, i have emailed Paypal asking for advise a few days ago, i am still waiting on a reply.

Login to Me Too

Greyhair333
New Community Member

An unknown service error occurred when I tried to add a new account, old one expired.  Any help please.

Login to Me Too

The_Emporium
Contributor
Contributor

Got a reply, i still dont know what is going on, i am entering my details correctly, but atleast if you phone them they can get your account added.

"Thank you for contacting PayPal.

I understand the importance of this matter to you. Based on the error message you got, it appears that an incorrect account number was entered which is why the system was not accepting it. Please double check if it is an eight-digit account number without dashes and spaces. If you would still encounter difficulty, please contact the customer service by phone so we can manually add the bank account for you. The full bank account information will be asked from you which is not advisable to be provided through email.

Please call our customer support telephone line (087 07 307 191) from 8am to 10pm Monday to Friday, from 8am to 9pm on Saturday or from 9am to 9pm on Sunday.

It is my pleasure to assist you

Thank you for choosing PayPal."

Login to Me Too

lovemachine
Contributor
Contributor
This is clearly a joke. I tried calling them and after being on the the phone for about 14 minutes and all the credits in my mobile phone disappearing and I still couldn't get hold of anyone. It was an automated system of some sort which was exceptionally annoying. Please sort this nonsense out. Regards Very disappointed customer
Login to Me Too

ajac1990
Contributor
Contributor

I wonder if we are all with the same bank?

I am with HSBC and having the same error. 

Login to Me Too

lovemachine
Contributor
Contributor
I do not think its with the bank, I'm with lloyds btw. It has to do with their website.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.