Account already linked to Paypal account?

TomBrandt
New Community Member

Hi,

I tried setting up a Paypal account around a year ago linked to my bank account, which failed due to a problem with my specific bank account. Now the terms of my bank account have changed and should allow for online payments like Paypal. My problem is that i can't link my account to paypal as it says that the account is already linked to a different paypal account (which i can't remember the login for.)

How can i release my card from my previous (failed) paypal account so that i can sign it up to this new one?

Any help greatly appreciated!

thanks

Tom

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

ploupipla
New Community Member

hello, i have the same problem. i'm trying to withdraw money and enter my bank account details, then i can't get the funds as the website says my bank account is used elsewhere. !? clearly it can't be. what should i do!? (nb; i hadn't used paypal for approx. 6 years).

Login to Me Too

wbmkk
Contributor
Contributor

I am new to paypal .. although I did open an account many years ago and bought one item, via eBay.

I had forgotten my account details but new the email address which I had used to register (a yahoo one) I had forgotten my password too, so followed the instructions and set up a new password.

I assumed all was well.

Went to deposit some funds from y bank, but get a message that my bank is linked to another account, so can not be used again.

I don't know if I set up another P account, and if I did, that email has long gone, as it was not a web based address.

I want to know either (a) how to access the other account , or (b) how to remove my bank details from that account.

I thought there might be a telephone number to ring, but this forum popped up first, so i thought I would try here first.

thanks for any advice

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi wbmkk,

I hope you dont mind me moving your post to here. I have today answered a similar post that I feel will help.

Thanks

Paula

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi TomBrandt,

I would suggest that you contact us by phone so we can assist you further. We can run a search on your details and maybe remove the bank account off your old account or assist you in getting in to your old account to remove it off yourself.

To contact us please click on the contact us link at the bottom of every PayPal page.

Thanks

Paula

Login to Me Too

okeycat1991
New Community Member

my card has been used on old pay pall account  and wont to use it on this one but forgoten old pass words

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi okeycat1991,

If you have forgotten your password for your old account you can go through the password recovery option by email, phone or post. You can also contact us by phone and we can assist you in logging in to your PayPal account to remove your old card.

Once your card is removed you can added it to your updated PayPal account.

I hope this helps

Paula

Login to Me Too

grizzly0226
New Community Member

What a ridiculuos situation. I have attempted to access my account to pay for an item and -unknown to me - my Mrs has changed the password. The little darling cannot find or remember that password so , i tried to go via the recommended route and the system keeps asking me for the 'forgotten password' to reset my ' forgotten password ????? Work that one out .

5 hours and 60 **bleep**s later, I now want to kill the cat !

On top of this , since the time I put the details in originally my home phone number, has changed. So how can I change anything , I cant !

After all this -in my infinite wisdom- I tried starting another account. MISTAKE. Now my card details have 'doubled up' and both accounts are worth less than a gastric band on a dead fat man.

I really cant be bothered chasing this any longer, there doesn't seem any point because PayPal doesn't seem interested in my situation. The contact Phone Number they claim is there as a Help Line, does NOTexist any longer .

Shambles, or what !!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.