4 DIGIT CONFIRMATION CODE!!!!!

hussnainh8
Contributor
Contributor

So I got an email from PAYPAL telling me my credit card ending in **** is bout to expire which meant I had to get my new card and link the card to PAYPAL. It is my dads card so I asked him for it and he gave me a different card (DEBIT CARD), I have linked the card to my paypal account and still waiting for the 4 digit code? I have had no emails about the 4 digit code and I do not have an online banking setup so I can not check through there. 

I found out on the internet that PAYPAL apparentally charges you and when you confirm the card they refund the money? BUT how do i possibly confirm the damn card if I have not recieved the 4 digit code? It could be months since i get my paper statement and people are complaining saying when they recieved their paper statement there was no 4 digit code?

Alongside that, When I goto the PAYPAL website in the to-do list it SHOULD say confirm card BUT it does not say anything about it? 

Why have I been charged for trying to link my new card to my paypal account? 
Why have I not recieved my 4 digit code yet? It has been 2 days! 
Why does it not say I have to confirm my card in the to-do list? 

PLEASE HELP ME! ALL I WANT TO DO IS CONFIRM MY CARD AND START PURCHASING ITEMS!

Login to Me Too
35 REPLIES 35

oldmancol
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to verify my account and have been asked for a four digit confirmation code which will appear in my bank statement next to a 0.01 transaction.

While the transaction has gone through, instead of  a four digit code, there is a code of about 20 digits, letters and numbers.

Is part of that the four-digit code, or is it a mistake?

What do I do?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Machtelt
Contributor
Contributor

I also just posted about this in another thread: the code is not 4 digits but a loooooong mix of digits and letters... Anyone know what's going on?

Login to Me Too

mmahinda
New Community Member

I added my visa card today and paypal did not ask a verification code. card added successfully and I have done a transaction also. how paypal add a card without requesting a verification code?. there is no security?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi mmahinda,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

It is possible to add and use your card without verifying it immediately. Before you verify your card, however, there will be limits on your account and it is much more likely that our security system will stop a payment.

If you have not begun the confirmation process yet you will find this option by going to the Wallet section in your account. You will see a button saying confirm card.

I hope this helps.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

CoriW
New Community Member

On my bank account I got a long list of numbers - what in all those numbers is the 4-digit verification code?

Login to Me Too

CeeLee
New Community Member

I was getting upset the code was taking ages to show up on my statement so I gave it some time. It eventually showed up maybe an hour ago but I got charged twice. I got the code no problem. But now I go to supposedly put in my code to confirm my card and there's no confirmation link, step, page, whatever. It just says my card is linked. But on ebay fails to show up as linked and when i try manually adding via check out it doesn't process. What's really going on? Am i rightfully going to get my so called refund back? Because clearly I can't if i can't PIN in the code you guys have charged me with.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.