4 DIGIT CONFIRMATION CODE!!!!!

hussnainh8
Contributor
Contributor

So I got an email from PAYPAL telling me my credit card ending in **** is bout to expire which meant I had to get my new card and link the card to PAYPAL. It is my dads card so I asked him for it and he gave me a different card (DEBIT CARD), I have linked the card to my paypal account and still waiting for the 4 digit code? I have had no emails about the 4 digit code and I do not have an online banking setup so I can not check through there. 

I found out on the internet that PAYPAL apparentally charges you and when you confirm the card they refund the money? BUT how do i possibly confirm the damn card if I have not recieved the 4 digit code? It could be months since i get my paper statement and people are complaining saying when they recieved their paper statement there was no 4 digit code?

Alongside that, When I goto the PAYPAL website in the to-do list it SHOULD say confirm card BUT it does not say anything about it? 

Why have I been charged for trying to link my new card to my paypal account? 
Why have I not recieved my 4 digit code yet? It has been 2 days! 
Why does it not say I have to confirm my card in the to-do list? 

PLEASE HELP ME! ALL I WANT TO DO IS CONFIRM MY CARD AND START PURCHASING ITEMS!

Login to Me Too
35 REPLIES 35

PayPal_Sophie

Hi darek74,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forum and sorry to hear about the difficulty you're having with this.

The PayPal code is a unique four-digit code, randomly generated by PayPal when you begin the process of linking and confirming your debit or credit card. Please note that this code cannot be sent to you by email or provided to you over the telephone. You will find your 4-digit code on your card statement 2-3 working days after linking your card on your PayPal account.

Your card statement is a document provided by your bank which shows a summary of your card payments for a set period of time. Some banks send this monthly by post while others provide an online version. If you do not have online access to your statement, you must wait for your bank to send it by mail.

Your code will look like this on your statement:

PayPal*1234 CODE or PP*1234 CODE

I hope this information helps, but please let us know if you have any further questions at all

Sophie

Login to Me Too

kirsha
New Community Member

hi i have been sent the code but i am confused as to what numbers are the oin exactly its just loads of zeros and letters

Login to Me Too

jhoileen

where site can i check my online card statement ?? im always searching but i cant find where can i see my online card statement .. so that i can check the 4 digit code to paypal ..

Login to Me Too

yasminpotter
New Community Member

How and where my four number code go 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi yasminpotter,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

If you are confirming a bank account, we'll deposit 1p in your bank account. You'll find a 4-digit code next to the 1p deposit on your statement. This should appear in your bank account within the next few minutes, but may take up to two hours, depending on your bank.

When you know the 4-digit code:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click Profile near the top of the page.
  3. Click My money.
  4. Click Unconfirmed next to the bank account to confirm.
  5. Enter the 4-digit code and click Confirm.

I hope this helps.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

beckathomas
New Community Member

THIS IS ALOAD OF RUBBISH...I AM WAITING FOR A REFUND FROM EBAY BACK TO MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT...AM SICK OF EMAILING PAYPAL AND GETTING NOWHERE...I HAVE TO CONFIRM MY BANK CARD N NEED MY 4 DIGET CODE...I HAVE BEEN WAITING 3DAYS NOW...ITS NOT EVEN COMING UP ON MY BANK ACCOUNT STATEMENT...I HAVE NEVER HAD A PAYPA STATEMENT...WHENI GO PUT MY 3 DIGETS IN ON THE BACK OF MY CARD IT JUST WILL N OT DO IT...IF I DONT GET ANYWHERE TODAY OR TOMORROW I WILL B SHUTTING MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT DOWN COZ I THINK ITS A SCAM...IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME I WOULD BE MUCH APPRICIATED...I DO NOT APPRICIATE GETTING SCAMMED

Login to Me Too

danalynn
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing here I need a code yet they haven't given me one thus is just a bunch of bs if you ask me.pay pal do your job and stop telling us to do this and do that then not give us what we need.ill find out how to have you stop playing your games pay pal.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Sophie

Hi danalynn,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forum and sorry to hear about this.

In general, if the code is not showing on your card or bank statement, you might need to double check that it was sent successfully. If you have the option to enter a code, this would mean that it was sent successfully.

You should see the code on your bank or card statement after 2-3 working days. If you're unable to see it, you may need to wait for your printed statement to come by post, as some banks cut information from transactions on online banking statements.

If you're still having difficulty with confirming your details, I would advise contacting Customer Support directly, as we don't have access to view your account details from here. You can find our contact details by clicking the 'Contact' option at the bottom of any page when logged in.

Thanks for your understanding

Sophie

Login to Me Too

danalynn
Contributor
Contributor
I dont get a bank statement i use a debit card.that rush adds my check onto.no code .
Login to Me Too

Yaozin
New Community Member
It's really annoying to provide a service(because everybody are here for the service to do thinks more convenient)get payed for that and make it so difficult to use it.....In my case I have no Ebank and the nearest bank is 1 hour driving....They don't send information by phone(the most silly excuse I see here)!So please try to be more easy to use you and stop telling to people to do many different thinks just because you can....
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.