4 DIGIT CONFIRMATION CODE!!!!!

hussnainh8
Contributor
Contributor

So I got an email from PAYPAL telling me my credit card ending in **** is bout to expire which meant I had to get my new card and link the card to PAYPAL. It is my dads card so I asked him for it and he gave me a different card (DEBIT CARD), I have linked the card to my paypal account and still waiting for the 4 digit code? I have had no emails about the 4 digit code and I do not have an online banking setup so I can not check through there. 

I found out on the internet that PAYPAL apparentally charges you and when you confirm the card they refund the money? BUT how do i possibly confirm the damn card if I have not recieved the 4 digit code? It could be months since i get my paper statement and people are complaining saying when they recieved their paper statement there was no 4 digit code?

Alongside that, When I goto the PAYPAL website in the to-do list it SHOULD say confirm card BUT it does not say anything about it? 

Why have I been charged for trying to link my new card to my paypal account? 
Why have I not recieved my 4 digit code yet? It has been 2 days! 
Why does it not say I have to confirm my card in the to-do list? 

PLEASE HELP ME! ALL I WANT TO DO IS CONFIRM MY CARD AND START PURCHASING ITEMS!

Login to Me Too
35 REPLIES 35

PayPal_Sophie

Hi Reabelle,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forum!

The 4 digit code you need to enter would be found on your card statement. I've looked into this for you, and the charge we would make to a card in the Philippines to send the 4 digit code is P100.00 PHP. The code will show beside this charge after 2-3 business days. The code sequence appears as PayPal*1234CODE or PP*1234CODE

The only place the code will show is on the card statement, so it won't be sent to you by email or to your PayPal account. I hope this information helps, but please let us know if you have any other questions 🙂

Sophie

Login to Me Too

latli
New Community Member

why kosovo is not listed on the country list we have many banks known in the wide world reiffeisen procredit and much more i can bay anything with my credit card exept i cannot register in paypal? can someone of paypal can tell me why?

Login to Me Too

hwshy01008
New Community Member

Why do we need to wait for many days before we receive the code and how many days do we need to wait for the code to be sent? I need to activate my card urgently. Is this a scam???

Login to Me Too

Sylviagt8

I got the code in my statement only problem is it's a three digit code it appears this way VISA-PP*888 (not the real number)  there are three digits and when I enter it into my Paypal account, the account demands a four didit code. What gives Payapal?

PS this is the second time this is happening I had to remove my previous card because of this

Login to Me Too

Surajit
Contributor
Contributor
Hello. I can't confirm my card because i am using a virtual card , so in transaction statement i did not get any CODE . I am only get this info - XXXX XXXX XXXX XXX9 is debited by INR 132.65 on Sat Mar 19 13:24:15 IST 2016. Info: POS Purchase/607907351678/ Please help.. Thank you.
Login to Me Too

Romila
Contributor
Contributor

Where do i find the 4 digit code? I show you with screenshots that is not present in my account. Nowere. Thank you.

Login to Me Too

Rook6er
New Community Member

Pay Pal is not helping us ...TELL US FOR ONCE TO MAKE EVERYONE UNDERSTAND!!!
step by step where to find this code to do our jobs..You are slowing us down , and this is unacceptableCat Mad

Login to Me Too

PayPal_DavidR

Hi all,

When you request the code to confirm your card this can take a few days to appear on your statement. It may show initially in your pending payments if you have online access to your transactions, however the code may not appear until the pending status turns to completed.

If you are still having difficulties confirming your card I recommend reaching out to our customer service by phone or on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK/ and Twitter by tweeting @askPayPal.

David R

Login to Me Too

jenmarie95
Contributor
Contributor

I'm experiencing the same thing, they dont even respond to emails

Login to Me Too

darek74
New Community Member
I never receive pay pal statement.so where find the 4 digits code? Any idea?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.