2 small payments into my account never came

immsmithy
Contributor
Contributor

Dose anyone know if paypal ever try to help I have asked about the two small deposits they said they made but my bank says no deposits I would like to buy stuff from the net that only use paypal 

PAYPAL ARE YOU THERE??Smiley Mad

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

Fred12345
New Community Member

I am having the same problem, and wanted to spend the weekend selling stuff on eBay but have been restricted until this money comes through. No one at eBay will help me, or paypal, and I have spent hours and days trying to resolve this. Please can someone help?

Login to Me Too

williamsa15

This is the third topic with the same problem I've read now. Is there a way of actually contacting paypal or is nothing going to be done about this?

Login to Me Too

walker12
Contributor
Contributor
im having the same problem, im wanting to buy stuff but i cant because i cant get money from my bank account, i was wondering if it was my card but i see other people are having a problem.. im not sure what i should do because no1 is replying to me
Login to Me Too

PayPal_barry

Hey there, before listing an item on eBay you will asked to “Verify” or confirm your account. For security purposes or as part of our verification process, you may be asked to add a bank account to your PayPal account and confirm ownership of this bank account.

Here’s how to confirm your bank account:

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
2. Click ‘Profile’ near the top of the page.
3. Click 'My money'.
4. In the Bank accounts section click 'Update'.
5. Click ‘Confirm’ next to the bank account you want to confirm.
6. Click the 'Set up Direct Debit' button.
7. The next page will display your bank details. Enter the full address of your bank account, then click ‘Submit'.

Once you've clicked 'Submit', we'll send two random deposits (both between 1p and 99p) to your bank account. These deposits are at our expense and you'll find them on your online bank statement within two to three working days, or on your next paper statement

Note:

• It is not possible to confirm a savings account
• If the bank account is a business account or more than one person is required to authorise debits, you must print and sign a paper Bank Funding Instruction and post it to the address provided

Here’s how to enter the random deposits and confirm your bank account:

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click ‘Profile’ near the top of the page.
  3. Click 'My money'.
  4. Click ‘Unconfirmed’ next to the bank account you want to confirm.
  5. Enter the exact amounts of the 2 deposits made to your account, then click ‘Submit’.

Completing this process enables you to add funds from your bank account to your PayPal account balance, make Instant Bank Transfer payments and eCheque funded payments.

Note: The bank account confirmation process:

• Does not cost you anything
• Confirms that you are the owner of this bank account because only you have access to the two deposits
• Only has to be completed once per bank account, unless you remove that bank account and re-add it to your PayPal account

Login to Me Too

shedsno1
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for reply PayPal_barry.........but what do we do if the 2 small deposits DO NOT appear on my statement? Is it simply a question of waiting?

Login to Me Too

sushil999
New Community Member

Dear Paypal_Barry

I am having the same problem. I started a Paypal account and tried to link it to my bank account on Thursday at 1pm. It is now Wednesday (which is 4 working days from then) and still there are no deposits in my account.

It says "deposits not sent" on my "Bank Set up page". When can I expect to get the deposits and start sending money? It seems from this thread (and others) that I am not the only one with this issue. Please could Paypal remedy this bug in their system, or at the very least give a more realistic timeframe of when we can expect the deposits to be deposited.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

kinkyebabes
New Community Member

I am having the very same frustrating situation!!!!! its drivin me mad!! keep checking my bank, and nothing!!!! Paypal said they did it on the 21st!!!

Login to Me Too

penn

Thank god i thought it was only me , ive been waiting two weeks for the small deposits to be placed,

Login to Me Too

PayPal_barry

Could I ask you to please review your bank details in the “Profile” section of your PayPal account.  It could be that you have not yet completed the request for the “Random Deposits”. 

Click the 'Set up Direct Debit' button. The next page will display your bank details. Enter the full address of your bank account, then click ‘Submit'.

Once you've clicked 'Submit', we'll send two random deposits (both between 1p and 99p) to your bank account. These deposits are at our expense and you'll find them on your online bank statement within two to three working days, or on your next paper statement. Hope that helps, and please post here with updates.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.