Re: PayPal Community Chat 2/5 - Closed

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Global Community Chat on Tuesday, February 5th, from 4 to 5 PM CDT (2-3 PM PDT). 

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal - or just to get to know you. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

See you then!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

patriciot
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Olivia.

Thank you for your answer. Yes, there are funds available in my Paypal balance, so this seems to be the behavior.

But as I said, I have two friends in the same situation I am, but they can use their credit card. Why they can and I can't?

There is no chance to set credit card with more priority than account balance? 

Thank you again.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Patriciot,

If your friend has a balance of Argentinian Pesos, that would be the likely reason why.  Argentinian Pesos wouldn't be able to be used for these payments. If their balance is in other currencies, they may also have not had enough to cover the entire payment.

If the balance is enough to cover the payment (including any necessary currency conversions), use of the balance will trump the ability to select a credit card.

To re-enable the use of a credit card for that payment, increase the payment amount or withdraw/use up the funds.

I know you did also mention playing with the API - don't worry, you won't be able to affect your account in this manner. Smiley Happy

- Adrian

Login to Me Too

patriciot
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Adrian

Thank you for your reply. I understand it completely now. Such a shame I can't use my credit card.

Just a suggestion: Let people chose if they want to use their credit card or prefer to use the Paypal balance. I live in Argentina, so I'd prefer to use my credit card and keep my dollard in my account. it would be wise for me to spend the dollars I have and keep the pesos, if you know what I mean.

By the way, both Adrian and Olivia are common names here in Argentina (and in Latin America and Spain), so I feel like home 🙂

Thank you again for this !

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@patriciot wrote:

By the way, both Adrian and Olivia are common names here in Argentina (and in Latin America and Spain), so I feel like home 🙂

I will definitely forward that feedback along! Changing how accounts can be funded or how payments can be made is always something we're interested in looking at. 

As for the names, thank you, and in that case, welcome home! Smiley Happy

- Adrian

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@PayPal_Adrian wrote:

@patriciot wrote:

I will definitely forward that feedback along! Changing how accounts can be funded or how payments can be made is always something we're interested in looking at. 

As for the names, thank you, and in that case, welcome home! Smiley Happy

- Adrian

Hi patriciot,

I second that sentiment! Welcome home. I hope to see you around the forums! 🙂

- Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Thank you to everyone for participating in this week's chat session!  

The weekly chat session is now closed.  All thread content will remain viewable, but locked.  Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the next hour.

If you missed chatting with us today, please come back next week on February 12th at 4PM Central time. We'd love to meet you!

See you then!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.