Planned Site Outage for April 19th

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

UPDATE: 11:50 p.m. PT: Thanks for your patience as we worked to migrate PayPal over to a new server infrastructure this evening. We’re back up and running and you should be able to interact with PayPal as you normally would. Some users may experience intermittent delays in some services for the next several hours–if you experience any issues, please contact customer service and they’ll work with you to get it resolved as soon as possible. 

Hello everyone!

To ensure that PayPal continues to offer the best possible products and services to our customers, we are planning a technology migration of our data center on Thursday, April 19, 2012, starting at approximately 10 p.m. PT. We expect it to last 45- 60 minutes. During this time, there will be a system-wide interruption to the PayPal service and our website. This means that customers will not be able to log into or use their PayPal accounts. Rest assured that, during this time, all funds will be secured as usual by PayPal’s powerful security and fraud protection.

Please check the PayPal Announcement Board, @askPayPal on Twitter, the PayPal Facebook page and The PayPal Blog for confirmation that the outage has concluded. Once the migration is complete, consumers and merchants will be up and running again, business as usual. This technology migration will set us up for some of the planned future product innovations that users will start to see over the next several months.

PayPal continually makes improvements to our system and platform so we can continue to provide a great experience to our more than 100 million customers and launch innovative new products and services to create the future of money.

We wanted to let you know in advance so you can make plans to accommodate the downtime, and we appreciate your patience as we work to improve PayPal.

Sincerely,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.