PayPal USA Community Chat 9/6 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly USA Community Chat on Wednesday, September 6th, from 3pm to 4pm CT (1pm-2pm PT).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everybody!

This week's USA Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Help Forum Policy and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT, so if you missed us this week, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

jonesdoll
Contributor
Contributor

I recently used PayPal to register for a seminar.  The website of the organization had problems which resulted in a double payment being made through PayPal.  The organization refunded the money, but I was charged a fee for the refund.  The total overpyament was $370, but my refund was approximately $351.  Why am I being charged a fee?  

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michelle

@jonesdoll wrote:

I recently used PayPal to register for a seminar.  The website of the organization had problems which resulted in a double payment being made through PayPal.  The organization refunded the money, but I was charged a fee for the refund.  The total overpyament was $370, but my refund was approximately $351.  Why am I being charged a fee?  

Hi jonesdoll!

Welcome and thank you for joining the Community!

I'm sorry to hear of your situation, but PayPal doesn't charge fees for refunds. If the merchant refunded the full amount, you should have received the full amount as well. It is possible that the merchant may have sent you a payment instead of issuing a refund through the original payment, but even then our fee on a $370 payment would be about $10.00 USD. You may need to contact the merchant to ask if they withheld part of the refund, and I'm so sorry you're experiencing this. 

Thank you!

Michelle

Login to Me Too

mojovision
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!

I am currently operating a small business and I had some questions about the Working Capital program and loan approval.

I have currently paid off two Working Capital Loans, the first in February, then another started in April and just paid off on 9/3. I have been applying to get my third loan daily (from what I’ve been told, its all based on an algorithm with no human involvement) and have been declined every time I go to apply. I try frequently, a couple of times a day, but my main two questions are… -

- It says that processing can take up to three business days, have three business days passed due the holiday? Is it my loan repayment still processing due to the holiday weekend?

- Inside the Paypal Working Capital loan website, when I click on the History tab, it only lists my loan from February - it does not show my second loan. Should my second loan be showing in this tab?

Right now I’m searching for clues that my loan still may be processing, I received a “You’re all paid off” e-mail on 9/4 - In addition, any insight in regards to wether or not I should continue waiting on Working Capital’s system to “catch up” would be incredibly helpful to me right now - I would prefer to use the program within Paypal to get capital, but I’d prefer not to just wait around indefinitely if nothing is going to resolve.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

@mojovision wrote:

Hello!

I am currently operating a small business and I had some questions about the Working Capital program and loan approval.

I have currently paid off two Working Capital Loans, the first in February, then another started in April and just paid off on 9/3. I have been applying to get my third loan daily (from what I’ve been told, its all based on an algorithm with no human involvement) and have been declined every time I go to apply. I try frequently, a couple of times a day, but my main two questions are… -

- It says that processing can take up to three business days, have three business days passed due the holiday? Is it my loan repayment still processing due to the holiday weekend?

- Inside the Paypal Working Capital loan website, when I click on the History tab, it only lists my loan from February - it does not show my second loan. Should my second loan be showing in this tab?

Right now I’m searching for clues that my loan still may be processing, I received a “You’re all paid off” e-mail on 9/4 - In addition, any insight in regards to wether or not I should continue waiting on Working Capital’s system to “catch up” would be incredibly helpful to me right now - I would prefer to use the program within Paypal to get capital, but I’d prefer not to just wait around indefinitely if nothing is going to resolve.

Hi @mojovision!

Welcome to our Chat and thanks for your continued interest in PayPal Working Capital! 

After paying off a loan, it can take up to 3 business days for your final payment to process before you’d be able to apply for a future loan, which would then be subject to approval. Since you're seeing the option to apply, it sounds like your payment has completed processing.

While many customers are approved for subsequent loans, each loan is subject to approval and based on your PayPal sales and account history. If your PayPal account activity has changed, your loan eligibility and potential offer options might be different than your previous loan. If you have been able to apply and your application was declined, a letter would be sent within 30 days of the application date, providing information about the decline reason.

Both loans should be showing on your PayPal Working Capital dashboard at paypal.com/workingcapital. If you aren't seeing them or if you have more questions about PayPal Working Capital applications, I'd recommend reaching out to PayPal Working Capital Customer Service directly at (877) 981-2163. I hope this helps!

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

mojovision
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply!

Just for clarification, on the working capital page, the available tabs are;

Loan Summary, Activity, History, Resources, and FAQ

When I click on History, it is only showing infomration from my first loan. For clairification, the History tab should be showing both previous loans, correct?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

@mojovision wrote:

Thanks for your reply!

Just for clarification, on the working capital page, the available tabs are;

Loan Summary, Activity, History, Resources, and FAQ

When I click on History, it is only showing infomration from my first loan. For clairification, the History tab should be showing both previous loans, correct?

Of course! And great follow up question, @mojovision! You are correct, both loans should show up after clicking "History." It may help to try clearing cache and cookies, or try accessing the page from a different browser or device. If it does not, I'd give Working Capital a ring to see what might be the issue. 

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

PrbyAynsley
I am having the same issue, I paid off my WC loan two weeks ago (technically two months early) and now I'm being denied. It says my business category is not supported but how is that possible if I was just approved for a loan and paid it off? My sales are also about 35-40% higher than last year's. Please explain why this is becoming an issue
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@PrbyAynsley wrote:
I am having the same issue, I paid off my WC loan two weeks ago (technically two months early) and now I'm being denied. It says my business category is not supported but how is that possible if I was just approved for a loan and paid it off? My sales are also about 35-40% higher than last year's. Please explain why this is becoming an issue

Hi PrbyAynsley,

That's a great question, and one that the Working Capital Customer Service team would be best equipped to respond to. Please reach out to them directly at (877) 981-2163.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.