cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal USA Community Chat 9/27 - Closed

Moderator

PayPal USA Community Chat 9/27 - Closed

Hey everybody!

 

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly USA Community Chat on Wednesday, September 27th, from 1-2pm PT (4-5pm ET).

 

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

 

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

 

-Ashley


If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. Smiley Happy Thanks!
26 REPLIES
Moderator

Re: PayPal USA Community Chat 9/27 - Open

Hi everybody!

 

This week's USA Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Help Forum Policy and the Forum Guidelines.

 

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT, so if you missed us this week, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

 

-Ashley


If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. Smiley Happy Thanks!
Member

Re: PayPal USA Community Chat 9/27 - Open

A merchant refunded me my money from an item that was defected. The merchant sent the money without going though resolution center. Now the merchant is emailing me the refund was a mistake and I should send them a partial refund. I will send the refund but I heard if I didn't want to PayPal can't force me. Any truth to that?
Moderator

Re: PayPal USA Community Chat 9/27 - Open


@Tremayne36 wrote:
A merchant refunded me my money from an item that was defected. The merchant sent the money without going though resolution center. Now the merchant is emailing me the refund was a mistake and I should send them a partial refund. I will send the refund but I heard if I didn't want to PayPal can't force me. Any truth to that?

Hi @Tremayne36!

 

Welcome to the Community! Thanks for stopping in with your question. Smiley Happy 

 

From time to time, merchants may accidentally send a full refund to a buyer when they had intended on sending a partial refund. If a full refund is issued, it would be between the merchant and the buyer to determine how the difference would be repaid. 

 

PayPal cannot force a buyer to send a new payment in these situations, but doing the right thing is always encouraged. Smiley Happy I hope this helps!

 

-Ashley


If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. Smiley Happy Thanks!
Member

Re: PayPal USA Community Chat 9/27 - Open

Hello,

Some time ago I've opened an account and I've added my credit card. It worked. Then I've deleted my account (I didn't have use for it). 

Now I want to buy something so... I've reopened my account (with the same mail) and I just can't add my card (the same card as before).

The error message is:  "We’re sorry, but we weren’t able to add this card. Please try again later, or add a different card."

And I've tried the old PP link and the message was: "We were unable to process your credit card registration at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again at a later date." 

Can you please help?

Moderator

Re: PayPal USA Community Chat 9/27 - Open


@adriatica wrote:

Hello,

Some time ago I've opened an account and I've added my credit card. It worked. Then I've deleted my account (I didn't have use for it). 

Now I want to buy something so... I've reopened my account (with the same mail) and I just can't add my card (the same card as before).

The error message is:  "We’re sorry, but we weren’t able to add this card. Please try again later, or add a different card."

And I've tried the old PP link and the message was: "We were unable to process your credit card registration at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again at a later date." 

Can you please help?


Hi adriatica, and welcome to the community!

 

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulty adding your credit card to your new account. Typically, it should be possible to add a card to a new account as long as it hasn't been added and removed repeatedly, or used on too many other accounts. For this, please contact customer support for assistance. Since a credit card number will need to be discussed, the best way to do that would be phone (we don't want you to supply sensitive financial info by email or social media). Please click "Help & Contact" at the bottom of the page and select the option to Call Customer Support.

 

I hope this helps!

 

Olivia

 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Member

Re: PayPal USA Community Chat 9/27 - Open


@PayPal_Olivia wrote:

@adriatica wrote:

Hello,

Some time ago I've opened an account and I've added my credit card. It worked. Then I've deleted my account (I didn't have use for it). 

Now I want to buy something so... I've reopened my account (with the same mail) and I just can't add my card (the same card as before).

The error message is:  "We’re sorry, but we weren’t able to add this card. Please try again later, or add a different card."

And I've tried the old PP link and the message was: "We were unable to process your credit card registration at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again at a later date." 

Can you please help?


Hi adriatica, and welcome to the community!

 

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulty adding your credit card to your new account. Typically, it should be possible to add a card to a new account as long as it hasn't been added and removed repeatedly, or used on too many other accounts. For this, please contact customer support for assistance. Since a credit card number will need to be discussed, the best way to do that would be phone (we don't want you to supply sensitive financial info by email or social media). Please click "Help & Contact" at the bottom of the page and select the option to Call Customer Support.

 

I hope this helps!

 

Olivia

 


Thank you so much for your quick answer. I have another one for you... Smiley Happy

What if my card has been added and removed repeatedly? What should I do then to unlock my card?

Is there another solution? (other than the phone) I have difficulties in speaking, I work much better in writing...

Moderator

Re: PayPal USA Community Chat 9/27 - Open


adriatica wrote:

Thank you so much for your quick answer. I have another one for you... Smiley Happy

What if my card has been added and removed repeatedly? What should I do then to unlock my card?

Is there another solution? (other than the phone) I have difficulties in speaking, I work much better in writing...


Hello again! Smiley Happy

 

If the card has been added and removed repeatedly, the system may not allow that card to be used. If that is the case, a different card would have to be used with your new PayPal account.

 

Olivia

 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
New Community Member

Re: PayPal USA Community Chat 9/27 - Open

Hi.  A few colleagues are creating an event that we would like to collect money for but we don't have a bank account.  Can we collect money through paypal without a bank account?

 

Moderator

Re: PayPal USA Community Chat 9/27 - Open


@leannpereira wrote:

Hi.  A few colleagues are creating an event that we would like to collect money for but we don't have a bank account.  Can we collect money through paypal without a bank account?

 


Hi leannpereira,

 

Welcome!

 

While it is possible to receive payments without a bank account, linking and confirming a bank account is one of the steps that can help get your account Verified. It's also a credential that PayPal can use to confim account ownership in the event that there is an issue with security on the account. Here are some other benefits to linking a bank account.

 

If you're working together to raise funds, the account will still have to be in the name of just one of the people involved. Having that person link their bank account to get the benefits listed above would be a good idea.

 

I hope this helps!

 

Olivia

 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.