PayPal USA Community Chat 8/2 - Closed

PayPal_Ashley

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly USA Community Chat on Wednesday, August 2nd, from 3pm to 4pm CT (1pm-2pm PT).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal - or just to get to know you. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post. Smiley Happy See you then!

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

PayPal_Ashley

Hi everybody!

This week's USA Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal, get to know you, or just have idle conversation.  We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Help Forum Policy and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 3pm to 4pm CT, so if you missed us this week, please feel free to stop by in the future! We want to get to know you! 

Today is National Ice Cream Sandwich Day! What’s your favorite kind of ice cream or ice cream treat? 🙂

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

pedalpython
Contributor
Contributor
@PayPal_Ashley When will PayPal be changing the Packing List to a more readable format? We have been having shipment errors because the type is too small to read important details. Many PayPal merchants are in quite an uproar about this /t5/About-Business/New-Packing-Slip/m-p/1275890
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

@pedalpython wrote:

When will PayPal be changing the Packing List to a more readable format? We have been having shipment errors because the type is too small to read important details.

Hi @pedalpython

Thanks for stopping into our Chat! I'm sorry to hear that there have been some problems with packing slips. I've done some research and I'm not finding any known issues with packing slips regarding font format or font size. 😞 When the pop up window comes up with the label before printing, is the font readable or not?

-Ashley

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

Hi @pedalpython

Thanks for the link to that thread. Sometimes issues with packing slips and shipping labels can be difficult to troubleshoot because often times the issues are browser specific or specific to certain operating systems. We'll pass along these concerns to the appropriate team.

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention!

-Ashley

Login to Me Too

Linc1957
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Ref: Today is National Ice Cream Sandwich Day! What’s your favorite kind of ice cream or ice cream treat? 🙂

As a child in  the South I remember Baskin Robbins had Bubblegum Flavored ice cream ... does anyone happen to know who might make that?  I would pay to have it shipped in!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Linc1957
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@PayPal_Ashley  I had a number of questions prepared for today ... here's the next one:

Question about Moderators

Are the Moderators on the PayPal Community in anyway the same ones that support both eBay US and eBay UK Community sites?  I know Lithium is involved but want to know how that organization is set up to support the various Community Platforms?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michelle

Today is National Ice Cream Sandwich Day! What’s your favorite kind of ice cream or ice cream treat? 🙂

-Ashley

This is quite possibly the nectar of the gods, and I miss it terribly! 

banana

Michelle 

Login to Me Too

Linc1957
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@PayPal_Ashley  Good afternoon Ashley,  Thanks for hosting today. 

Refunds and Fees:

1. If a Return for Full refund claim is processed through eBay’s Resolution Center and the money is fully refunded through PayPal does the (US) Seller get their 2.9% PayPal fees credited back to them? I assume the 30 cent transaction fee is unrecoverable.
  2. If a Return for Full refund claim is processed through PayPal’s Resolution Center and the money is fully refunded through PayPal does the (US) Seller get their eBay Final Value Fees credited back to their PayPal account?
  3. Does a Partial or Full Refund NOT associated with any official eBay or PayPal claim allow the PayPal Fees to be credited back to the Seller’s account?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michelle

@Linc1957 wrote:

@PayPal_Ashley  Good afternoon Ashley,  Thanks for hosting today. 

Refunds and Fees:

1. If a Return for Full refund claim is processed through eBay’s Resolution Center and the money is fully refunded through PayPal does the (US) Seller get their 2.9% PayPal fees credited back to them? I assume the 30 cent transaction fee is unrecoverable.
  2. If a Return for Full refund claim is processed through PayPal’s Resolution Center and the money is fully refunded through PayPal does the (US) Seller get their eBay Final Value Fees credited back to their PayPal account?
  3. Does a Partial or Full Refund NOT associated with any official eBay or PayPal claim allow the PayPal Fees to be credited back to the Seller’s account?

Hi Linc1957!

My name is Michelle, and welcome to chat! I'm helping Ashley today and will be happy to answer your questions.

Whenever a full refund is issued through PayPal, the fees are always returned to the seller here in the US with the exception of the $0.30 processing fee. This would be true for eBay transactions refunded. 

This is also true in the event of a dispute filed through PayPal if the merchant is proactive in the dispute process. If the customer happens to file a chargeback through the card issuer and we are not able to dispute the claim, the merchant would receive the fees back as well but would be charged a $20.00 chargeback fee. 

If you ever would like to visit our Community Forums directly, the link is Smiley Happy 

I am also from the South and remember Baskin Robbins Bubblegum! Do you get Blue Bell or Braum's??

Thank you!

Michelle

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.