PayPal USA Community Chat 11/29 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly USA Community Chat on Wednesday, November 29th, from 1-2pm PT (4-5pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
57 REPLIES 57

dtanczos
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!

I am having a bit of trouble with a most recent PayPal button I have created for my website. I followed all the necessary steps to create one and place it on my website and all things are verified on my account with the banks, credit card and such. However, I was unable to use the pay with credit card option. I wanted to test to see how it works and it said "try another form of payment" So I did and same error came up. I understand there is a Sandbox out there for tests without real money, but I was wondering if there is steps I can take to get this working without learning the Sandbox set up?

I am willing to try anything to make sure this option works for my customers when I make it live.

Thank you!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

@dtanczos wrote:

Hello!

I am having a bit of trouble with a most recent PayPal button I have created for my website. I followed all the necessary steps to create one and place it on my website and all things are verified on my account with the banks, credit card and such. However, I was unable to use the pay with credit card option. I wanted to test to see how it works and it said "try another form of payment" So I did and same error came up. I understand there is a Sandbox out there for tests without real money, but I was wondering if there is steps I can take to get this working without learning the Sandbox set up?

I am willing to try anything to make sure this option works for my customers when I make it live.

Thank you!

Hi @dtanczos!

We appreciate your patience and thanks for joining our chat! 🙂 For support with buttons and setup, I would recommend reviewing some of the articles on our Developer page. If that doesn't help, I'd also recommend posting your question to our Merchant Integration Technical Support Forum for review. 

I hope this helps!

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

nicolekristine
Contributor
Contributor

I have some - Why does PayPal continue to have the one lowest rated customer service ratings possible? Why is it so difficult to actually receive help from an agent? Why won't they give me my money? 

Login to Me Too

romod
Contributor
Contributor

Is there ever a time where a seller does not get refunded the 2.9 fee if they make a full refund to the buyer?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@romod wrote:

Is there ever a time where a seller does not get refunded the 2.9 fee if they make a full refund to the buyer?

Hi @romod,

Great question! When issuing a refund through the received transaction, the variable portion of the fee (the 2.9%) is returned by PayPal. The fixed portion of the fee (the $.30) is not. That portion of the fee remains the responsibility of the recipient of the original payment.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

John129

Hi

Is there a limit to how many times a day I can transfer money to my debit card?

Login to Me Too

romod
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal told me on the phone last night I won't get it back because the buyer opened a case against me. Problem is they opened the case before I had a chance to work it out with them and also I cannot find in paypal policy where this even exists.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@romod wrote:

Paypal told me on the phone last night I won't get it back because the buyer opened a case against me. Problem is they opened the case before I had a chance to work it out with them and also I cannot find in paypal policy where this even exists.

Hi @romod,

I'll be happy to clarify. If there is a case opened, the funds from the transaction are held. If the case results in a refund to the buyer, the fee that went to PayPal will be returned to the buyer with the rest of the payment, except for the fixed portion of the fee (the $.30), which would be deducted from your balance and returned to the buyer. This is outlined in the Selling and Accepting Payments section of the PayPal User Agreement, in the Transaction Fees for Online and In-Store Payments subsection. You can find the PayPal User Agreement by clicking Legal at the bottom of any PayPal page.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

romod
Contributor
Contributor

Wait a minute I am confused. The fee was taken out of the sellers money he got from the transaction not the buyers. Do you mean the fee will be refunded back to the seller except the .30 ?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@romod wrote:

Wait a minute I am confused. The fee was taken out of the sellers money he got from the transaction not the buyers. Do you mean the fee will be refunded back to the seller except the .30 ?

I'm sorry if I confused you. I will explain.

A buyer sends $10. Of that $10, $.59 is deducted by PayPal, as that would be 2.9% of the payment, plus the fixed portion of $.30. The seller ends up with $9.41.  The seller then decides to refund the payment, or there is a dispute resulting in a refund. The $9.41 that the seller received is reversed to the buyer, and PayPal returns the $.29 portion of the fee (the 2.9% of the transaction). That leaves $.30 to be made up by the seller. Therefore, the full amount that the seller refunds is $9.71. All told, the seller will be out $.30 when all is said and done, as the fixed portion of the fee is the seller's responsibility for the movement of money, even though the payment was refunded.

Does that make more sense? Please let me know!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.