PayPal USA Community Chat 11/22 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly USA Community Chat on Wednesday, November 22nd, from 1-2pm PT (4-5pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everybody!

This week's USA Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Help Forum Policy and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT, so if you missed us this week, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

RyanSmith9797

I am kinda confused on how to open a chat.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@RyanSmith9797 wrote:

I am kinda confused on how to open a chat.

Hi @RyanSmith9797,

Welcome to the chat! Sorry for any confusion. Please go ahead and post your question here, and one of us will get an answer to you within this thread.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

RyanSmith9797

Thanks,

I sent a email in about the issue but have not got and email back. So what is happening is when I try and add my card it says I cant verify it anymore. This might be because when I was first adding the card I was aware that the code was automatically sent to mt account so what I did was send 2 codes before even varidying it. Or, This is because I thought I could put on when I needed to pay and take off if I didn't need to pay just in case a security issue or recurring payment I'm not aware of. If I am able to confirm it one last time and ill leave it on that would be great.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

@RyanSmith9797 wrote:

Thanks,

I sent a email in about the issue but have not got and email back. So what is happening is when I try and add my card it says I cant verify it anymore. This might be because when I was first adding the card I was aware that the code was automatically sent to mt account so what I did was send 2 codes before even varidying it. Or, This is because I thought I could put on when I needed to pay and take off if I didn't need to pay just in case a security issue or recurring payment I'm not aware of. If I am able to confirm it one last time and ill leave it on that would be great.

Hi @RyanSmith9797,

Thanks for following up with your question! I'm sorry to hear that there have been some difficulties with confirming a card on your account. 😞 

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

MelissaKohl
Contributor
Contributor

I have PayPal credit, and I'm almost at my limit. I wanted to purchase a few things at once on eBay for over $99 (over my limit) and get the 6 mos. 0%. I was wondering what will happen if my limit is not extended. Will everything be denied? I don't want less than $99 to go through and not get the 6 mos. Or will one of my bank accts be charged as a "back up"? If so, which one? I have no credit cards linked. 

If it does go through, if my credit worthiness is considered high enough, will I get a new limit that is higher than my old plus what I charged over the limit? Or is the limit only ever increased for exactly what you charged in the moment?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@MelissaKohl wrote:

I have PayPal credit, and I'm almost at my limit. I wanted to purchase a few things at once on eBay for over $99 (over my limit) and get the 6 mos. 0%. I was wondering what will happen if my limit is not extended. Will everything be denied? I don't want less than $99 to go through and not get the 6 mos. Or will one of my bank accts be charged as a "back up"? If so, which one? I have no credit cards linked. 

If it does go through, if my credit worthiness is considered high enough, will I get a new limit that is higher than my old plus what I charged over the limit? Or is the limit only ever increased for exactly what you charged in the moment?

Hi @MelissaKohl,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with your PayPal Credit promotional balance - I know having the amount applied to the wrong payments can be frustrating. Regarding this, I would advise contacting us so that we can look into the account directly to see what options we have to resolve this.

As far as your other questions, I'm happy to answer those for you here! If you try to make a payment using your PayPal Credit line for more than the available credit balance, we'll do an inquiry on your credit report and if you're approved, your credit limit would only be increased by the amount of the payment. If you're denied, it's possible the payment will go through automatically choosing your primary payment source, which you can view in your Wallet. Otherwise, you'll get a notice that it was denied and be asked to pick a different way to pay.

If the payment is more than $99, you will receive the promotional 6 months no interest balance if you're approved for the increase and the payment goes through. I hope this helps! 

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

MelissaKohl
Contributor
Contributor

Many thanks for your help! If my primary payment source is PP Credit, will it definitely not get charged to my bank accts? If I'm buying multiple items on eBay all at once, which qualifies for the $99 together, but less then $99 if any one of them isn't included, will they be approved all or none or could some be approved, and I wouldn't get the 6mos 0% for those item?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@MelissaKohl wrote:

Many thanks for your help! If my primary payment source is PP Credit, will it definitely not get charged to my bank accts? If I'm buying multiple items on eBay all at once, which qualifies for the $99 together, but less then $99 if any one of them isn't included, will they be approved all or none or could some be approved, and I wouldn't get the 6mos 0% for those item?

Hey @MelissaKohl,

The transaction will be counted as all-or-nothing, either it goes through with everything or it's denied with everything. Regarding the backup, if the credit increase is denied and the payment still proceeds, it will charge one of your banks. If you have PayPal Credit set as your preferred way to pay, it is honestly up in the air as to which bank it would charge. If you need it to go to a specific bank account, I would advise setting one of your banks as your preferred way to pay for these transactions, picking PayPal Credit in the checkout process, and that way if you aren't approved it will charge whichever bank you set before the payment. Good luck, I hope the increase goes through for you! 🙂

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.