PayPal USA Community Chat 11/15 - Closed

PayPal_Ashley

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly USA Community Chat on Wednesday, November 15th, from 1-2pm PT (4-5pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everybody!

This week's USA Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Help Forum Policy and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT, so if you missed us this week, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Acollett27
Contributor
Contributor
Hi if my account is negative will PayPal take the funds out of my bank account?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@Acollett27 wrote:
Hi if my account is negative will PayPal take the funds out of my bank account?

Hey @Acollett27,

I'm sorry to hear your account is negative. 😞 If a PayPal account is negative for an extended amount of time, PayPal may attempt to charge the bank for the amount. If we receive repeated failed transfers, the account will eventually be moved to collections, and you'll receive notices from us regarding this. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Acollett27
Contributor
Contributor
How long is an extended amount of time
Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@Acollett27 wrote:
How long is an extended amount of time

@Acollett27,

It can vary, depending on when your account went negative and for what reason. The best option would be to contact our collections team for more details. You can contact us and request to speak to them for more information regarding this.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Dene4ME
Contributor
Contributor

When using PayPal.me - can the person using this link pay if not a Pay Pal member?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@Dene4ME wrote:

When using PayPal.me - can the person using this link pay if not a Pay Pal member?

Hey @Dene4ME,

Great question! When using a PayPal.Me link, the screen that loads requires an account to pay. This means the person would need to log in or sign up in order to use that link. Alternatively, you can create a button or an invoice to charge the person instead, and these do not require an account to use. I hope this helps!

- Ashley M

Login to Me Too

Still-waiting
Hello , I completed a transaction on 10/17 for a promotional 24 months deferred financing from PayPal Credit. I called after the transaction was completed to validate the offer processed and I was promised by rep Samantha that it would be applied once the transaction posted which it did not. I have called back now 4 times since to get this corrected and no one can help me. At this point I am waiting for a transcript from the conversation had on 10/17 to validate to your supervisors that I am not a “lier” even though I have the original email with the promotional offer and I followed all the steps outlined in the email. I was to receive a call back 11/13 but no one has called. I’ve waited long enough. Who can assist me with this?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@Still-waiting wrote:
Hello , I completed a transaction on 10/17 for a promotional 24 months deferred financing from PayPal Credit. I called after the transaction was completed to validate the offer processed and I was promised by rep Samantha that it would be applied once the transaction posted which it did not. I have called back now 4 times since to get this corrected and no one can help me. At this point I am waiting for a transcript from the conversation had on 10/17 to validate to your supervisors that I am not a “lier” even though I have the original email with the promotional offer and I followed all the steps outlined in the email. I was to receive a call back 11/13 but no one has called. I’ve waited long enough. Who can assist me with this?

Hi @Still-waiting,

I'm sorry to hear that you did not receive a call back, and I am definitely sorry if there was ever any implication that your version of events was not believed. There are times when a call is reviewed to ensure that the discussion was understood on all sides, and to provide clarity to the situation so that a resolution can be found.

In the Community Forum, we're unable to provide any sort of account-specific assistance. The group that can help with PayPal Credit questions can be reached by calling the number found in this FAQ, in the section marked Managing your PayPal Credit Account. I know that you have reached out to that number previously, but all queries about PayPal Credit promotions must be fielded by that group.

I hope you have a swift resolution!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.