PayPal USA Community Chat 11/1 - Closed

PayPal_Ashley

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly USA Community Chat on Wednesday, November 1st, from 1-2pm PT (4-5pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too
25 REPLIES 25

PayPal_Ashley

Hi everybody!

This week's USA Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Help Forum Policy and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT, so if you missed us this week, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

KevMan
Contributor
Contributor

I want to charge shipping per item.

I go to set up shipping, based on quantity, but every time i put in the value for the TO column, the next row's FROM gets populated with the next incremental amount.

If someone buy 10 items, the shipping should be 60, not 6.

Login to Me Too

jayman323
Contributor
Contributor

A merchant gave me a refund back to my paypal debit card today.How long will it take for that payment to process back to my account?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@jayman323 wrote:

A merchant gave me a refund back to my paypal debit card today.How long will it take for that payment to process back to my account?

Hi @jayman323,

That's a great question! A refund back to a card is generally shown within a few days, but can take up to a full billing cycle to appear in some circumstances. 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@KevMan wrote:

I want to charge shipping per item.

I go to set up shipping, based on quantity, but every time i put in the value for the TO column, the next row's FROM gets populated with the next incremental amount.

If someone buy 10 items, the shipping should be 60, not 6.

Hi @KevMan,

Welcome to the community! I'd be happy to help with any confusion regarding shipping calculations, and hopefully get you on the right track for charging the right shipping every time.

When you use the shipping calculations feature, there are up to 5 columns for ranges that you can add. For instance, 1-3 items, you charge $1.99. 4-7 items, you charge $2.99. 8-10 items are $3.99. The final column will always have to be an "and up" situation, so the final column in this scenario would be 11 and up, you charge $4.99. Or, you could also say that shipping is free on orders that have 11 or more items, and have "11 and up" charge $0.00!

If you want to charge a per-item shipping charge that adjusts incrementally with every individual item, you would not use shipping calculations, but would instead use the shipping option in your button, and have the shipping charge added to each individual item. That way, if you charge $1.00 per item, that $1.00 would be added for each item, and 11 items would charge $11.00 in shipping.

The shipping calculations option comes in very handy for encouraging buyers to buy more, because they save if they buy more.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

royaloceantortu
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I sold a Computer graphics card on July 25 through ebay

I spoke with the buyer on the phone, answered any questions, even gave him a great deal

Months later I go to use paypal and I cant

I look further and all of a sudden hundreds of dollars are misisng from my account

I called paypal and they reported to me that the buyer made a claim with the card vendor saying the item was not described, after 30 days

MY ITEM HAS NOT BEEN RETURNED

I called the buyer, he literally told me he doesnt giv ea f&^k and I cant do anything and laughed

I told paypal and they do not seem to care at all.

So here I am ,  A disabled veteran, Hurrican survivor (South Florida, Everything is **bleep**) and on top of it all I have paypal who i have never wronged, completely negating all logic and treating me pretty crappy.

I need help, can someone please assist me.

Please

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@royaloceantortu wrote:

Hello,

I sold a Computer graphics card on July 25 through ebay

I spoke with the buyer on the phone, answered any questions, even gave him a great deal

Months later I go to use paypal and I cant

I look further and all of a sudden hundreds of dollars are misisng from my account

I called paypal and they reported to me that the buyer made a claim with the card vendor saying the item was not described, after 30 days

MY ITEM HAS NOT BEEN RETURNED

I called the buyer, he literally told me he doesnt giv ea f&^k and I cant do anything and laughed

I told paypal and they do not seem to care at all.

So here I am ,  A disabled veteran, Hurrican survivor (South Florida, Everything is **bleep**) and on top of it all I have paypal who i have never wronged, completely negating all logic and treating me pretty crappy.

I need help, can someone please assist me.

Please

Hi @royaloceantortu,

I'm very sorry to hear about the trouble with the dispute and the item not being returned. This definitely isn't the experience we want for our customers, and I'll provide any information I can.

When you sent the item to the buyer, did you provide a tracking number? If so, did you provide that information to PayPal? If you still have this information, and the item was delivered to the address provided by the buyer at the time of purchase, then you may be covered by Seller Protection. 

If you did use a tracking number, but no longer have that information, I would advise reaching out to the shipping company you used to see if they still have the information. Once you provide that, we can look into seeing if you qualify for Seller Protection.

If you did not use a tracking number, regrettably there wouldn't be any Seller Protection, which would be why the account went negative. You can review our requirements for Seller Protection to see what we require to qualify.

I hope this information helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

royaloceantortu
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

When I sent the item, I did provide a tracking number, as well as confirmed the items delivery.

Not to be rude nor condescending however, beyond the basic problem with the person who purchased this item, I am truly taken aback at how I have been treated by PayPal regarding the issue. I have been in good standing with 100 percent in every category, to have my item taken and not returned , and to add insult by shutting down my account in turn due to taking the sum out of my balance which causes such a ridiculous dominoe effect, I am just in aww. Aww that I have called countless times, in aww that I am in a forum right now trying to still assist myself. This is the most insane joke ever. All that has ever been touted was, "for your protection", now look?

So I mean what do I need to do, Paypal has all of this

The point is how is this even being entertained

The buyer has literally NOT returned the item

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@royaloceantortu wrote:

Hello,

When I sent the item, I did provide a tracking number, as well as confirmed the items delivery.

Not to be rude nor condescending however, beyond the basic problem with the person who purchased this item, I am truly taken aback at how I have been treated by PayPal regarding the issue. I have been in good standing with 100 percent in every category, to have my item taken and not returned , and to add insult by shutting down my account in turn due to taking the sum out of my balance which causes such a ridiculous dominoe effect, I am just in aww. Aww that I have called countless times, in aww that I am in a forum right now trying to still assist myself. This is the most insane joke ever. All that has ever been touted was, "for your protection", now look?

So I mean what do I need to do, Paypal has all of this

The point is how is this even being entertained

The buyer has literally returned the item

Hey @royaloceantortu,

I definitely understand your concern, and the furstration regarding the situation. If you did provide tracking, then your account should not have stayed negative when the case was closed. This may have been in error, and the best thing to do would be to reach out to try to have this resolved. You can call us, or contact via Twitter or Facebook. If you contact us over social media, please reference this forum post so that we have the details and can refer back.

Regarding the account being shut down, any time a dispute is filed, we pull the funds from the account while we investigate and put them on hold. They are held while the case is open, and either released back once we determine if you are covered by Seller Protection, or reversed back to the customer if there is no Seller Protection. In these cases, the account can still be used, but we require the negative balance to be resolved first. I completely understand your sentiment about it being an inconvenience, and I'm happy to take that feedback and forward it on.

Have a great rest of your day.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.