PayPal USA Community Chat 10/18 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly USA Community Chat on Wednesday, October 18th, from 1-2pm PT (4-5pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

PayPal_Ashley

Hi everybody!

This week's USA Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Help Forum Policy and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT, so if you missed us this week, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Cr3ativ
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,
I have a problem with my PayPal Checkouts (from AliDropship plugin for Wordpress if helps). I succesfully paid (for a test order with other paypal account), and after this i was redirected to my website on "Fail order" page. I don't think is a problem with incorrect API credential, because i receive the money.
I have talked with developers, one tried to make an order, but fail. He said "it didn't even redirected to PayPal". Error in plugin-activities was "Gateway is damage" - Error code 10002. Authentication/Authorization Failed. You do not have permissions to make this API call. I searched for this PayPal error and find this "This error usually happens when permissions are set incorrectly in your PayPal account. To allow a third party to make API calls on your behalf, you must explicitly grant them permission to do so."
Another developer told me that "This is a common error that you might get if you are using Paypal Express Checkout, or Paypal Website Payments Pro. This means that there is something wrong with your login information that you are using to authenticate the connection with Paypal. As it is work properly on everybody elses accounts the issue is connected with your API credentials. Better to contact PayPal support regarding this issues I suppose."

Login to Me Too

AnInnocentLlama
Contributor
Contributor

I try to confirm my prepaid card and I find the code. The only problem is, I have tried everything and I even contacted support and they gave me an automated response which didn't help at all. It merely told the same steps I have been trying. I go to my wallet and I click on the card and it suggets I confirm it to remove the spending limit, but there is no option to confirm it after attempting to do so. This is getting really frustrating!

I have posted this in two sections so far and I apologize if I sound impatient, but I am really annoyed.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@AnInnocentLlama wrote:

I try to confirm my prepaid card and I find the code. The only problem is, I have tried everything and I even contacted support and they gave me an automated response which didn't help at all. It merely told the same steps I have been trying. I go to my wallet and I click on the card and it suggets I confirm it to remove the spending limit, but there is no option to confirm it after attempting to do so. This is getting really frustrating!

I have posted this in two sections so far and I apologize if I sound impatient, but I am really annoyed.

Hi @AnInnocentLlama

Welcome to the community, and I'm so sorry to hear that the option to confirm the card is not being offered when you go to your wallet! A customer support representative should be able to entre the information manually if you contact them directly. 

You can reach customer support by Facebook, Twitter, or phone or email.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

@Cr3ativ wrote:

Hello,
I have a problem with my PayPal Checkouts (from AliDropship plugin for Wordpress if helps). I succesfully paid (for a test order with other paypal account), and after this i was redirected to my website on "Fail order" page. I don't think is a problem with incorrect API credential, because i receive the money.
I have talked with developers, one tried to make an order, but fail. He said "it didn't even redirected to PayPal". Error in plugin-activities was "Gateway is damage" - Error code 10002. Authentication/Authorization Failed. You do not have permissions to make this API call. I searched for this PayPal error and find this "This error usually happens when permissions are set incorrectly in your PayPal account. To allow a third party to make API calls on your behalf, you must explicitly grant them permission to do so."
Another developer told me that "This is a common error that you might get if you are using Paypal Express Checkout, or Paypal Website Payments Pro. This means that there is something wrong with your login information that you are using to authenticate the connection with Paypal. As it is work properly on everybody elses accounts the issue is connected with your API credentials. Better to contact PayPal support regarding this issues I suppose."

Hi @Cr3ativ!

Welcome! Thanks for stopping by our chat! I'm sorry to hear that you're running into some troubles with setting up checkout. 😞

For assistance with resolving the issues you're experiencing with setting up checkout, I would recommend checking out our developer page or I would direct your inquiry to our Merchant Integration Technical Support Community

I hope this helps!

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Joemidnite
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I just got an e-mail from PayPal Credit to tak a survey, but it was not my Primary E-mail, it was to my 3rd e-mail.  Just would like to know if this is real, or a scam?

Joe

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@Joemidnite wrote:

Hi,

I just got an e-mail from PayPal Credit to tak a survey, but it was not my Primary E-mail, it was to my 3rd e-mail.  Just would like to know if this is real, or a scam?

Joe

Hi @Joemidnite,

Welcome to the community.

I appreciate your caution! That does sound a little strange. Is that the email that you used to sign up for PayPal Credit? The records at PayPal Credit would not necessarily be updated if changes were made to your email addresses on your PayPal account. If in doubt, I suggest sending the email to spoof@paypal.com to allow our experts to take a look at it. 

Olivia

Login to Me Too

badipp
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I bought an item from e-bay with value about $160 and i choosed EMS shipping because with this shipping i would have no custom taxes (or very small taxes and fees). But seller shiped the item with UPS and now item its at custom here in Greece and they ask me 135 euros for clearence and take the packet. Of course i cant accept to pay so much money so i just want to reject the packet and seller to take it back and i take my money back.  But to return the packey back seller must ask it from UPS. Unfortunately the seller is very bad and he doesnt answer my messages so we can find a solution. Also there is no option to open case in e-bay about this situation. Seller writes on his listing that if buyer reruse the packet he will keep  shipping both way plus 20% restocking. I am think seller is scammer and organized everything jus to gain money from returns. Can paypal protect me? Thank you

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

@badipp wrote:

Hi,

I bought an item from e-bay with value about $160 and i choosed EMS shipping because with this shipping i would have no custom taxes (or very small taxes and fees). But seller shiped the item with UPS and now item its at custom here in Greece and they ask me 135 euros for clearence and take the packet. Of course i cant accept to pay so much money so i just want to reject the packet and seller to take it back and i take my money back.  But to return the packey back seller must ask it from UPS. Unfortunately the seller is very bad and he doesnt answer my messages so we can find a solution. Also there is no option to open case in e-bay about this situation. Seller writes on his listing that if buyer reruse the packet he will keep  shipping both way plus 20% restocking. I am think seller is scammer and organized everything jus to gain money from returns. Can paypal protect me? Thank you

Hi @badipp

Thank you for stopping by our chat. It sounds like you're in a bit of a frustrating situation. 😞

At this time PayPal does not offer Buyer Protection for shipping and there is not a dispute process available for this situation. 😞 It is normally up to the buyer to take care of any costs associated with customs. We would encourage you to try to continue to work with the seller to resolve this matter. We would also recommend utilizing the Feedback feature on eBay to share your experience. 

If eBay or PayPal recognize a pattern of negative interactions with a seller, we will investigate and take appropriate action.

Again, I'm very sorry to hear about the situation. 😞

-Ashley

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.