PayPal USA Community Chat 1/31 - Closed

PayPal_Ashley

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly USA Community Chat on Wednesday, January 31st, from 1-2pm PT (4-5pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

PayPal_Ashley

wrote:
i tried to do a instant withdrawal to my debit card and accepted the .25 cent fee for instant but then i got the security review could take 24 hours non sense. so my question is can this be sped up somehow and if not will i still get the .25 cent charge for instant transfer? If it takes 24 hours that means the transfer isnt instant therefore charging .25 cents for a instant withdrawal that isnt instant is false regardless of yalls security review. This is a very annoying and inconvenient issue. And considering most ppl use the service because of a urgent reason of immediately needing access to these funds this could hurt business for yall

Hi @Msdtgo169!

Welcome to Community Chat! I'm sorry to hear about the situation with your recent withdrawal and I understand why a 24 hour delay would be concerning. 

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

silverbullet
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, can I get a definitive answer to this as I see many conflicting responses. I am non-US, but I have a US company, US address for company, a US bank account, EIN for company. Will I be able to open a US Paypal business account for my company? I know it's possible with Stripe, but not sure about Paypal.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

wrote:

Hi, can I get a definitive answer to this as I see many conflicting responses. I am non-US, but I have a US company, US address for company, a US bank account, EIN for company. Will I be able to open a US Paypal business account for my company? I know it's possible with Stripe, but not sure about Paypal.

Hi @silverbullet

Thanks for stopping by our Chat! 🙂 I'm sorry to hear that there's been some confusion on whether or not you may operate a US Business account due to conflicting information. This is a great question and I'm happy to provide some clarity here. 

If you are physically in the US and you have an EIN, a government issued photo ID and a US address, then you may use a US Business account. 

I hope this helps to clarify!

-Ashley

Login to Me Too

silverbullet
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, thanks for the response. To clarify, I am non-US so I don't have SSN or ITIN. I only have EIN for the US company. Is a foreign ID allowed in place of SSN?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

wrote:

Hi, thanks for the response. To clarify, I am non-US so I don't have SSN or ITIN. I only have EIN for the US company. Is a foreign ID allowed in place of SSN?

You're welcome, @silverbullet! 🙂 We will accept an EIN in place of SSN. We would not be able to accept an ITIN.  

As far as a government issued photo ID, we would require a US issued ID such as a passport, driver's license, or state ID. 

-Ashley

Login to Me Too

silverbullet
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, as non-US, I won't have US issued personal ID, that was my question - I only have US issued EIN for the company.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

wrote:

Hello, as non-US, I won't have US issued personal ID, that was my question - I only have US issued EIN for the company.

Thank you for your clarity and I apologize for my confusion, @silverbullet. If you are unable to obtain a US government issued photo ID, then you would not be able to operate a US Business account. 😞

-Ashley

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

Thank you to everyone for participating in this week's chat session!  

The weekly chat session is now closed.  All thread content will remain viewable, but locked.  Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the next hour.

If you missed chatting with us today, please come back next week on Wednesday, February 7th at 1pm PT. We'd love to meet you!

See you then!

-Ashley

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.