PayPal USA Community Chat 1/3 - Closed

PayPal_Ashley

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly USA Community Chat on Wednesday, January 3rd, from 1-2pm PT (4-5pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

PayPal_Michelle

@mjwiener wrote:

Hi There - Have a quick question on a very recent transaction. 

I wanted to cancel and issue a refund back to the account holder for the full amount received. I've never issued a refund before but want to make sure the Fee Amount that was initially taken out is returned as well. 

Can you please advise?

Unique Transaction ID # 68103260EH381224U

Thank you,

Matt

Hi @mjwiener!

Welcome to the PayPal Community! On US accounts when you voluntarily issue a refund, the 2.9% fee is absolutely reversed so you are not double charged, but we do keep the $0.30 fixed processing fee. 

I hope this helps, and please let us know if you have any questions here, over Facebook or Twitter, or through our Help & Contact page. We're always happy to help!

Thank you!

Michelle

Login to Me Too

mjwiener

Thanks. So to clarify, if someone sent me $100 initially and there was a 2.9% fee taken out to make it $97.10, when I press the refund, they will receive the full $100 back?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michelle

@mjwiener wrote:

Thanks. So to clarify, if someone sent me $100 initially and there was a 2.9% fee taken out to make it $97.10, when I press the refund, they will receive the full $100 back?

That would be correct @mjwiener! If it causes your PayPal balance to become negative $0.30, please let us know and we'll be happy to take a look for you.  🙂 

Michelle

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

Thank you to everyone for participating in this week's chat session!  

The weekly chat session is now closed.  All thread content will remain viewable, but locked.  Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the next hour.

If you missed chatting with us today, please come back next week on Wednesday, January 10th at 1pm PT. We'd love to meet you!

See you then!

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.