PayPal USA Community Chat 1/24 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly USA Community Chat on Wednesday, January 24th, from 1-2pm PT (4-5pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
42 REPLIES 42

racefan9160
Contributor
Contributor

stupid question does PP ever send out 1099k if a person is close to the threshold say 199 transactions OR 19950 in goods and services payments received?

I know the thresholds seem pretty black and white, either you are over it or you arent. 

just wanted to verify as i am beginning to sell and want to be on top of my taxes for next year

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

@racefan9160 wrote:

if a person were to call customer service and they verify you are under 20k in goods and services payments received, would it be safe to say you would not be getting a 1099.  this is assuming that there is no other account with that same tax ID or social attached to it.

And if the same thing was verified by going through reports on the account on that persons own time, and if it matched up with what the customer service agent came up with, is that something you can trust?

Thanks for getting back to me, @racefan9160. If you're that close to $20K and 200 received transactions, we would definitely recommend running your reports to be sure. You can also find monthly reports by following the instructions above to keep track throughout the year.  🙂

If the report matches what a customer service teammate tells a customer, then it would be safe to move forward with the information given by the teammate.

@racefan9160 wrote:

stupid question does PP ever send out 1099k if a person is close to the threshold say 199 transactions OR 19950 in goods and services payments received?

I know the thresholds seem pretty black and white, either you are over it or you arent. 

just wanted to verify as i am beginning to sell and want to be on top of my taxes for next year

Great question. 🙂 We know tax stuff can get confusing and how important it is to have your ducks in a row while running a business or receiving money. If the thresholds are not BOTH met, then we will not issue a 1099-K. 🙂

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

racefan9160
Contributor
Contributor

what if a person was 500 dollars under the 20K threshold, would paypal send out a 1099k on that account becuase it is so close?

Login to Me Too

racefan9160
Contributor
Contributor

i also have never seen that report available to be ran on any account that i have seen.

i have seen the total of transactions but you would still have to manually go through it to get the correct totals 

Login to Me Too

racefan9160
Contributor
Contributor

i would think if the same # was verified by a customer service rep that the person calling has the number would be accurate, is that safe to say?

Login to Me Too

racefan9160
Contributor
Contributor

also i am new to paypal but have a few questions about the 1099k

If a person were to call a paypal Customer service person would they be able to give the overall total of of goods and services payments processed through the account?  Also if the number they give adds up to the number you have is it safe to say its accurate .

Login to Me Too

Jokline14
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I have a question regarding my account. It's not letting me request money Or transfer money to bank card. It was letting me earlier this afternoon.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@Jokline14 wrote:
Hi I have a question regarding my account. It's not letting me request money Or transfer money to bank card. It was letting me earlier this afternoon.

Hey @Jokline14,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble requesting and transferring money. 😞 When you attempt these actions, does it give you an error message? At what point in the process do you receive the error? It's possible it's simply a cache issue, so clearing your cache and cookies, trying a different browser, or changing devices may fix the issue. Please let me know so I can assist further! 🙂

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Jokline14
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for replying. It's on app. And it gives me a message saying sorry about that we're having trouble completing your request right now and it's when I click from my balance to transfer money option.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@Jokline14 wrote:
Thanks for replying. It's on app. And it gives me a message saying sorry about that we're having trouble completing your request right now and it's when I click from my balance to transfer money option.

Hi @Jokline14,

Thanks for those details! Have you tried attempting the transfer or money request through a browser? You can do this on your phone by going to mobile web instead of using the app, or by using a computer. I would advise trying this next, as it may resolve the issue for you. You can always contact us so we can see what's causing the issue on our end, and we'd be happy to help get the issue resolved. 🙂

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.