PayPal USA Community Chat 1/17 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly USA Community Chat on Wednesday, January 17th, from 1-2pm PT (4-5pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
42 REPLIES 42

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everybody!

This week's USA Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Help Forum Policy and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT, so if you missed us this week, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Kiwiconspiracy
Contributor
Contributor
I have my own small business i run through my blog. I sell art, crafts, hand made clothes, and phone cases, but also devices for those with severe anxiety. This is my main source of income as i am physically unable to work an active or office job. I have a few family members who volunteer their time to help sell these for me. I recieved an email from paypal this morning claiming my account was being used for "sexual or obscene activity" and the account was frozen. The email said this couldnt be discussed or appealed and i am frustrated by Paypal's lack of explaination. I have called 5 times throughout the week and no one has helped. I could not even get hold of a real person on the phone to help me. These are the transactions in question: There we no comments on the first two from "Allison". The ones from a "Justin" Has one comment and that is posted below. Can someone PLEASE explain how any of this was justified? My business as well as i am suffering since i am not sure if i will be able to make rent this month due to someones mistake.transaction.pngSCREENSHOT 1.pngSCREENSHOT2.png
Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@Kiwiconspiracy wrote:
I have my own small business i run through my blog. I sell art, crafts, hand made clothes, and phone cases, but also devices for those with severe anxiety. This is my main source of income as i am physically unable to work an active or office job. I have a few family members who volunteer their time to help sell these for me. I recieved an email from paypal this morning claiming my account was being used for "sexual or obscene activity" and the account was frozen. The email said this couldnt be discussed or appealed and i am frustrated by Paypal's lack of explaination. I have called 5 times throughout the week and no one has helped. I could not even get hold of a real person on the phone to help me. These are the transactions in question: There we no comments on the first two from "Allison". The ones from a "Justin" Has one comment and that is posted below. Can someone PLEASE explain how any of this was justified? My business as well as i am suffering since i am not sure if i will be able to make rent this month due to someones mistake.transaction.pngSCREENSHOT 1.pngSCREENSHOT2.png

Hey @Kiwiconspiracy,

I am very sorry to hear about the circumstances surrounding your account's restriction, as well as the lack of information provided to you. I definitely understand how this situation is frustrating and having a negative impact, and I'll provide any assistance I can.

In these cases, we typically ask for evidence of the products you're selling, or your purchase of materials for what you're making. If this wasn't requested, you can still provide it for review. In the email you received, there should be an email address at the bottom to which you can respond. Send an email to that address with an explanation of your services/products, as well as receipts if you can provide them of materials you use to create what you're selling, as well as evidence related to your sales. If you have a website or shop you sell from, please provide those details as well for review. 

Once those details are received, they'll be reviewed and we'll respond via email with an update once that's done. Otherwise, you can also contact us on Facebook or Twitter to see if we have any other options to help get this resolved.

Again, I'm very sorry for the hardship and inconvenience this has caused. Hopefully this is resolved for you soon.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

HollyHobo
New Community Member

How do I reprint a USPS label?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@HollyHobo wrote:

How do I reprint a USPS label?

Hey @HollyHobo,

Great question! If you created the label from your transaction history, there will be a button in those transaction details to reprint the label. Otherwise, you should receive an email with the label's details and can reprint from there. 🙂 I hope this helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

junkerdesigns
Contributor
Contributor

I have has funds stopped 3 times by your security team ........ once right before x mas and it left my employees unpaid til the next week   

why does this keep happening even after many calls   i am about to stop using your service after many years 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

@junkerdesigns wrote:

I have has funds stopped 3 times by your security team ........ once right before x mas and it left my employees unpaid til the next week   

why does this keep happening even after many calls   i am about to stop using your service after many years 

Hi @junkerdesigns!

Welcome to our Community Chat! I'm sorry to hear that there have been some recent negative experiences with using our services. 😞 I'll be happy to try to troubleshoot this with you. 

I understand you're trying to move some money around and our security model may be getting in the way. Can you please provide me with some details on what kind of money movement you're trying to complete (send money, withdraw money, etc) and also provide some more details on what happens when you try to complete the transaction(s)? Do you get any sort of error messages or notifications?

Thanks!

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

junkerdesigns
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Ashley

Funds from by paypal to my bank account  for yrs i had no trouble at all 

then suddenly there are delays  . i call ech time and get some what different answers  The last alert siad it would be up to 24 hours . That has long passed 

The team seems to make no notes about what i have told them and it keeps happening . Even after taking the suggestions   ex " use the lap top to move funds not your cell phone ?!"  why did you make the app then ?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

@junkerdesigns wrote:

Hello Ashley

Funds from by paypal to my bank account  for yrs i had no trouble at all 

then suddenly there are delays  . i call ech time and get some what different answers  The last alert siad it would be up to 24 hours . That has long passed 

The team seems to make no notes about what i have told them and it keeps happening . Even after taking the suggestions   ex " use the lap top to move funds not your cell phone ?!"  why did you make the app then ?

Thanks for following up, @junkerdesigns. I appreciate the details and I can certainly understand where this would be a pain for you. I want you to know up front that I'll be glad to pass feedback on your experience with our teammates along to the appropriate set of eyes for review. 

Our internal security model is designed to prevent unauthorized activity. It analyzes many factors and facets of a transaction before either passing it or rejecting it. As we process thousands of transactions each and every day, it's possible that we reject or flag false positives from time to time.

Have there been any recent profile changes or limitations on your account? Have you accessed the account from any new devices or locations? Or, have you had any recent upticks in disputes or claims?

I know there are a few questions there, I'm just trying to pinpoint what could be causing the problem. Thank you. 

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.