PayPal USA Community Chat 1/10 - Closed

PayPal_Ashley

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly USA Community Chat on Wednesday, January 10th, from 1-2pm PT (4-5pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too
28 REPLIES 28

ModernBlock
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Michelle.

I'm the buyer, and I did a chargeback through PayPal.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michelle

@ModernBlock wrote:

Hi Michelle.

I'm the buyer, and I did a chargeback through PayPal.

Thanks!

Thank you @ModernBlock

I'm so sorry you didn't receive a notification! It should have been sent both to your email and your PayPal account notifications. If for some reason you didn't receive the email, there will be record of any updates in the claim itself in the Resolution Center. 🙂 

Thank you,

Michelle

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

I'm looking for some clarification regarding Seller Protection for digital goods.  Is it covered or not?  I see some things saying digital goods are only available for BUYER protection since 2016, but other info showing that SELLER protection is indeed available now, but you have to provide "compelling evidence."

Is it indeed available for sellers, and if so, can you provide some details about what would be considered compelling evidence?  For example, do emails showing the delivered item work, or would it need to be some sort of a system that tracks downloads and IP addresses of downloads?  Also, would you cover the claim with such evidence available even if the buyer submits the chargeback directly with a credit card company, and the card issuer closes the claim in favor of the buyer?  I'm actually thinking about building some sort of a delivery system for digital goods that would provide such compelling evidence, but I need to know all of the details in order to do that sort of thing.  

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@angelleye wrote:

I'm looking for some clarification regarding Seller Protection for digital goods.  Is it covered or not?  I see some things saying digital goods are only available for BUYER protection since 2016, but other info showing that SELLER protection is indeed available now, but you have to provide "compelling evidence."

Is it indeed available for sellers, and if so, can you provide some details about what would be considered compelling evidence?  For example, do emails showing the delivered item work, or would it need to be some sort of a system that tracks downloads and IP addresses of downloads?  Also, would you cover the claim with such evidence available even if the buyer submits the chargeback directly with a credit card company, and the card issuer closes the claim in favor of the buyer?  I'm actually thinking about building some sort of a delivery system for digital goods that would provide such compelling evidence, but I need to know all of the details in order to do that sort of thing.  

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Hi @angelleye,

Seller protection for digital goods is not offered. We do, however, make every effort to adjudicate disputes as fairly as possible, and in situations where there is a claim of non-receipt, we will take whatever evidence the seller has of delivery. The reviewer will determine the strength of that evidence based on the merits of the claim. Something that tracks downloads would be far more weighty than an email, but anything you provided would be reviewed.

When it comes to chargebacks, the terms of the decision are the card company's to dictate. While we will provide any compelling evidence we've received in a chargeback situation, without trackable shipping, the card company will often determine the claim in favor of the buyer. 

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

cwaz
Contributor
Contributor

I have to return an item to Hong kong,

Can i create a shipping label for that here on PP?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michelle

@cwaz wrote:

I have to return an item to Hong kong,

Can i create a shipping label for that here on PP?

Hi @cwaz!

Welcome to the Community and great question! Yes, you can create a return shipping label through your PayPal account. Here's how:

Login to Me Too

swafran
Contributor
Contributor

My claim gives me an address to mail a package back to but the address is in Chinese. How do I Address this in Chinese.  

Claim - #PP-006-449-199-687

I tried to post the address here but it contains something that is not permitted

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

@swafran wrote:

My claim gives me an address to mail a package back to but the address is in Chinese. How do I Address this in Chinese.  

Claim - #PP-006-449-199-687

I tried to post the address here but it contains something that is not permitted

Hi @swafran!

Thanks for joining our Chat! 🙂 I'm sorry to hear that you're running into some trouble with returning an item due to the address being provided in a different language.

If you're unable to print a return label through our website@, then I would suggest reaching out to our customer support team so we can assist with translating the address for you. Customer support can be reached by clicking "Help & Contact" on the PayPal website, @AskPayPal on Twitter or the PayPal Facebook page.  

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Thank you to everyone for participating in this week's chat session!  

The weekly chat session is now closed.  All thread content will remain viewable, but locked.  Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the next hour.

If you missed chatting with us today, please come back next week on Wednesday, January 17th at 1pm PT. We'd love to meet you!

See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.