PayPal USA Community Chat 1/10 - Closed

PayPal_Ashley

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly USA Community Chat on Wednesday, January 10th, from 1-2pm PT (4-5pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too
28 REPLIES 28

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everybody!

This week's USA Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Help Forum Policy and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT, so if you missed us this week, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

ModernBlock
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

PayPal said they would get back to me on a chargeback by January 9th. It is now January 10th and I have had no response. What will happen, and what should I do?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michelle

@ModernBlock wrote:

Hi, 

PayPal said they would get back to me on a chargeback by January 9th. It is now January 10th and I have had no response. What will happen, and what should I do?

Thanks!

Hello @ModernBlock!

Oh no! May I ask if you are the buyer or seller, and if the chargeback is through PayPal or through a card company? 

Thank you!

Michelle

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

I just have a few pieces of feedback for the forum.

- I've noticed that my web browser spell check doesn't work inside this forum for some reason.

- People seem to be accepting their own responses as the solution instead of your actual answer. So they might simply say thanks, but their thanks gets marked as the solution.

- When my notification bell shows notifications, I click on it and I see the list of all the notifications. The left end of each notification that hasn't been read has a solid blue bar signifying that it hasn't been read. As soon as I click on just one of them, though, every one of them gets marked as read. Makes it difficult to manage what I have and haven't responded to.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @angelleye,

Welcome to the chat, and thank you for bringing your feedback to us!

Before I tackle the details, something you should know - your long-term commitment and helpfulness on the forum have earned you some special privileges, one of which is a special board for Volunteer Advisors. Feedback like this doesn't have to be saved for the weekly chat. (If anyone else is curious about that board - it's meant for Volunteer Advisors to coordinate amongst themselves and ask questions of the Moderators in order to ensure that the information they're imparting to others is correct. If you want in, just stick around in the community and answer other people's posts, and after a while you'll get the same perks!) 

- I've noticed that my web browser spell check doesn't work inside this forum for some reason.

I'll pass that feedback along. It may be intentional, however. There is a spellcheck feature for your post, at the top of the composition box, right beneath the button for the underline function.

- People seem to be accepting their own responses as the solution instead of your actual answer. So they might simply say thanks, but their thanks gets marked as the solution.

That's a good callout. The capability to mark your own post as a solution is one we'll have to keep, so people who solve their own problem can still present their solution for the community. The vast majority of the time when a solution is marked, the actual solved post is flagged. The occasional erroneous mark may still happen, though. The good news is that we are working to make some improvements to the community that may also improve the accepted solution rate, so that's something to look forward to!

- When my notification bell shows notifications, I click on it and I see the list of all the notifications. The left end of each notification that hasn't been read has a solid blue bar signifying that it hasn't been read. As soon as I click on just one of them, though, every one of them gets marked as read. Makes it difficult to manage what I have and haven't responded to.

That's also a good callout. I'll be happy to supply that feedback, along with the rest, to the right folks. I really do appreciate that you took the time to let us know about your experience.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Thanks! I didn't even know that separate board was available.

To follow up on the spell check thing, I have noticed that it does work inside the Quick Reply, but not in the full reply. Good to know there is an option for it in the pull down, but it's nice to let the browser feature work as I can see it and fix immediately.

Thanks for the info!
Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@angelleye wrote:
Thanks! I didn't even know that separate board was available.

To follow up on the spell check thing, I have noticed that it does work inside the Quick Reply, but not in the full reply. Good to know there is an option for it in the pull down, but it's nice to let the browser feature work as I can see it and fix immediately.

Thanks for the info!

Hi @angelleye,

That's good to know! Thanks for the followup!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

bigmart42
Contributor
Contributor

if someone is receiving a 1099K when will those be available online for viewing?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

@bigmart42 wrote:

if someone is receiving a 1099K when will those be available online for viewing?

Hi @bigmart42! Welcome back to Chat! Great question about 1099-Ks!

All 1099-Ks will be made available by the end of January within the PayPal account

I hope this helps! 🙂

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.