PayPal UK Community Chat – 25/10/2017

PayPal_david

Hi everyone!

We will be trialing a few new time slots over the next few weeks. We will still be here on Wednesdays to answer questions in our Moderator Chat.

Martin will be on hand today facilitating the UK Moderator Chat starting on Wednesday the 25th of October between 5pm and 6pm GMT.

We will be on hand between the above times to answer any PayPal related questions - or just to have a quick chat Smiley Happy We are going to leave this thread open for questions until the chat ends on the 25th of October.

When you see our threads showing as being live on the Community, don't be afraid to ask your questions before the scheduled time. If we don't respond to you during the day, we will get back to you within the scheduled times.

If there is anything that you would like to ask, please feel free to stop by.

Talk to you soon!

David.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

Usersoft
New Community Member

Hello and thank you for your help.I have a question.As we can see here https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/customerprofileweb?cmd=%5fprofile%2dseller%2dmessage the merchant can appear message to customer, which appears inside the Paypal page.
The problem is that we plan to start sale on 2 different domains.So it should be good , if there was an API which can use , (for example according different customers) , the API will use credentials of "low permission user" to login and write different message according the purchase.
For example one company should appear to a cusotmer this message for disputes "Thank you for using Microsoft.A representative will be with you soon to solve the problem".But for a sale from another domain, the API will login to change this message to this "Thank you for using Coca-cola.A representative will be with you soon to solve the problem".
Is this possible technicaly somehow?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @Usersoft,

Welcome to our UK Community!

Thank you for posting your question here. I would advise you to contact our Merchant technical Support. You can reach them @PayPal_MTS or alternatively, you can contact them directly through the Technical Support website here https://www.paypal-techsupport.com/ or our developers site https://developer.paypal.com/  

They will be able to offer you support to resolve the issue with your API's and domains.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

Weeniki83
Contributor
Contributor
Hey there I sent parcels and funds have been released but I have had one that they haven't. The parcel was sold on Monday night was ment to send second class recorded but instead sent first class recorded yesterday morning. Parcel has been signed for I have kindly asked for feedback on eBay but have had no reply and my funds aren't released, can anyone tell me why I am being penalised when all other funds are released right away.thanks kindly xx
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @Weeniki83 ,

Welcome to our Community!

I am sorry to hear this has happened. These temporary payment holds do not normally happen on established account.  You will find some reasons behind these holds and more important ways to have the funds released earlier in the following link . I hope this provides you with the information you need.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

Naby
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve been trying to add another bank account to my paypal but it keeps coming up with an error message. Is this a fault on the side of PayPal or is there something wrong with my account?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @Naby,

Welcome to our UK Community!

I am sorry to hear you are having such an issue.  There could be numerous reasons for this happening. Have you used the bank account previously on your actual or another account? It could also be a security measure blocking this option. As most times it is an account specific issue , I would recommend you contact our Customer Support by phone on 0800 358 7911 or by sending an inquiry request through the secure Message Centre on your PayPal account.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

rwebb1
Contributor
Contributor

"When you see our threads showing as being live on the Community..."

For future reference, where is this visible?

Login to Me Too

rwebb1
Contributor
Contributor

After having had a verified Paypal account for fourteen years suddenly I've had my account restricted until I provide you my photo ID.

Neither my bank, mortgage provider nor credit card providers require photo ID so why should I send Paypal that information?

I asked this on Twitter and got a reply asking me to send my PayPal email address and a screenshot of my Resolution Center. I did that, had an acknowledgement on 22nd Oct, but since then I've heard nothing.

My PayPal account is still locked and I'm a Very Unhappy Bunny.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @rwebb1

Welcome to our Community!

As we cannot discuss account specific issues over this Community for Data Protection reasons. I cannot provide you with reason this has been requested. This could be for compliance reasons theat we need to verify the account ownership.  I would suggest you contact our Customer Support on 0800 358 7911 or by send a request through the secure Message Centre on your account for more information on your specific issue.

Thanks

Martin 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.