PayPal UK Community Chat - 18/04/2018

PayPal_Martin

Hi Everybody!

We will be facilitating the UK Community Chat with our moderation team starting on Wednesday the 18th of April between 4pm and 6pm GMT.

We will be on hand between the above times to answer any PayPal related questions - or just to have a quick chat.

We are going to leave this thread open for questions until the live chat ends on the 18th of April. If there is anything that you would like to ask, please feel free to stop by.

Talk to you soon

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

Mission123
Contributor
Contributor

Not used this yet.  Is it available now?

Login to Me Too

Mission123
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I am looking for some assistance into some issues Imam having with PayPal.  Is there anyone here that can help?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @Mission123,

Welcome to our Community!

All you need to do is provide information on the issue at hand and your question here. We will try our best to advise your further. Please note we cannot give any account specific information on this platform. 

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

iaspm
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, and thank you opening this chat.

I have two problems:

1. I have been receiving email messages saying that our account is limited (I say "our" because is an institutional account), but there seems to be no way to lift account limitations. When I visit the Resolution Center there is no list of steps to take, no open cases. This has been going on for months and I don't know what I can do. The email messages come from a PayPal account, I don't think they are spam.

2. As I said, my PayPal account is an institutional account, but I am about to quit my responsibilities as treasurer of the organization. A new treasurer will step in next month. What shall we do? Which documents do we need to send, so that PayPal can change the name on the account? On the other hand, the new treasurer does not live in the UK, so she will not be able to change the contact details linked to the account. Is there any way to transfer this account to another country (Spain)? Could we have a truly international account that is not linked to a UK address?

Many thanks in advance for your help, best wishes,

Violeta Mayer

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @iaspm

Welcome to our Community!

In answer to your first question, if you have received the email to the email address linked to PayPal and cannot find any corresponding limitation then is could be a phishing email. I would suggest you clear the cache and cookies of your browser to make sure the Resolution Centre is up to date.

Changing your name on your PayPal account is not difficult but we do require some documents from you to confirm the change of name. The contact name should be an actual name, not your business’ name.

Here’s how to change the contact name on your business account:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click Profile icon at the top of the page and then select Profile and Settings from the drop-down menu.
  3. Beside ‘Name’, click Change.
  4. Select ‘Your contact name has changed’ and click Continue.

To complete your request, you must provide the following documents:

• A copy of a valid photo identification showing the new contact name (a driver's license, a passport, or any other government-issued photo identification)
  • A letter on company stationery showing the primary email address, the current name, the postal address, and the phone number on your PayPal Business account. In your letter, include the reason for the name change and the new contact name.
  • A letter of authorisation. To access the letter, copy and paste the following link on your web browser: https://www.paypalobjects.com/digitalassets/c/compliance/eu/gb/en/loa.pdf

In regards to changing the country, The laws applicable to PayPal accounts differ by country, so you can't change your address to a country that is different from the country you used when you opened your account. A suggestion would be to add new users on the account and to change the name to someone who will continually need access to the account and add new user such as a treasure as this would be a rotational position.

You can add users to your business account and select their access privileges. Here's how:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click the Profile icon at the top of the page and then select Profile and Settings from the drop-down menu.
  3. Select My account settings on the left side of the page.
  4. In the ‘Manage Users' section, click Get started. (You may be asked to enter some financial details as a security check.) 
  5. Click Add User.
  6. Enter the user's name, and create a user ID and a password for them.
  7. Select what the user can access under ‘PayPal account privileges’ and click Save.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

iaspm
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, Martin, your help is very much appreciated!

Violeta

Login to Me Too

Mission123
Contributor
Contributor

Need urgent assistance.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Opened a PayPal account in January purely because it seems it's a purchasers preferred method of payment.  I assumed it was safe to have my money go through PayPal.  This has not been the case.

Approx 2 weeks ago my account was limited and various items of information was requested.  I supplied all he relevant information.  I heard nothing for a week so I called.  I was told it was under review. I knew that but I wanted to know why it was taking so long and what exactly was the issue.  The call handler was unable to answer my questions and said there was no point In them referring me as somekne else would just tell me he same thing that it was being reviewed.

Two days later I received a request from PayPal for further information which I supplied. It was uploaded on Sunday.   Today as I still had heard nothing from PayPal and am still unable to spend my own money I called.  Now it gets interesting.  

Call 1 - I explained the situation and the call handler told me that the reason my account was still limited was I had 5 open cases on eBay.  I knew I didn't but thought I had better check.  They advised I called eBay and get the cases closed and my money would be released to me.

I called eBay and they confirmed what I already knew which was There was not 5 open cases.  eBay could not understand the PayPal issue as I am a valid eBay customer with 100 per cent positive feedback and never had any issues.  With this information I decided to call PayPal back.

Call 2 - I got a different call handler who said the issue was completely different.  They said the information they wanted was proof I had several items I was selling.  I informed them the items had been sent and the tracking shows they had been delivered.  They then said hey wanted an invoice to prove purchase. I told them I had already supplied that.  They said that the invoice was not made out to me. I explained the invoice was from the original supplier and the original purchaser had sold them onto me.  The conversation then became very confused and the call handler could not tell me when my money would be released to me or advise on anything else I could do to resolve this matter.

AS YOU CAN IMAGINE I AM VERY FRUSTRATED AS I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING WITHIN MY POWER TO RESOLVE THE ISSUE AND AM GETTING NO ASSISTANCE AT ALL FROM CUSTOMER SERVICES. ALL THEY ARE SUPPLYING ME WITH IS CONFLICTING INFORMATION.

Is there anyone anywhere that can help me?  I can do no more than I already have!

i genuinely do not know where to go from here and feel that my money has been taken by PayPal and they are currently refusing to give it back to me for no good reason.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @Mission123,

I am sorry to hear you have experienced such a difficult time in resolving your issue. I would suggest you check the Resolution Centre on your account, if there are any outstanding steps please respond with the reason you cannot complete them.

I would also advise you to send a statement in the form of an email advising the limitation's team the reason your invoices do not have your name and information on how you paid for the items. You can do this through the secure Message Centre found in the Help section of your account

Please note I cannot give you any account specific assistance as we cannot share account information on this platform for data protection reasons.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.