PayPal UK Community Chat - 17/01/2018

PayPal_Martin

Hi Everybody!

We will be facilitating the UK Community Chat with our moderation team starting on Wednesday the 17th of January between 4pm and 6pm GMT.

We will be on hand between the above times to answer any PayPal related questions - or just to have a quick chat Smiley Happy

We are going to leave this thread open for questions until the live chat ends on the 17th of January. If there is anything that you would like to ask, please feel free to stop by.

Talk to you soon

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PayPal_Martin

Hi, we get a lot of posts of folks that have moved country but are trying to close the paypal account in their old country but do not have the phone from that country to verify themselves. Is there another way they can do so.

Also I know you can have a paypal account in x2 countries but does one have to be personal and the other business as per normal or can they have 2 of the same type.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @kernowlass

The really should be closing their accounts before leaving the country, but the closure of ones PayPal account is normally not priorty when moving countries. I would suggest they contact our Support in their actual country of residence, if the only option given to them is the phone call validation.

The rule for the amount of accounts is the same. Please note they may need to provide validation of their identity and residency or existence of a legal business entity in the country were the account is setup.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

singingman
Contributor
Contributor

Every now and then, seemingly at random, I don't get an email notifying me of a payment to my business account. Is there any way I can find out why this is happening, and ideally prevent from happening again?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @singingman

Welcome to our Uk Community!

This is strange and should not happen, as all receipts would instigate an automated email. Unless this option was turned off by the customer. This obvipously not the case. I would suggest you call our Custoerm Support on 0800 358 7911, they will check that this option has not been turned off. They will also be able to see if there were any bug issues reported in the time you did not receive the emails.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

singingman
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks @PayPal_Martin Been on hold for half an hour now and still no joy!

Login to Me Too

Stringwells
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I wondered if you have heard of 'Strong Current Enterprises Ltd?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @Stringwells

Unfortunately, I cannot comment on indiviual accounts or business entities on this platform.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

oasismark

Any chance you can talk to amazon and have Paypal as a way to pay for amazon goods?

Then i can 'stealth' purchase goods and the mrs wont know 😉

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @oasismark

At the moment it is not possilbe. I cannot rule out any partnership in the future. I am sure it would benefit both companies.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.