PayPal UK Community Chat – 16/08/2017

PayPal_david
Hi everyone!

We will be facilitating the UK Community Chat with our moderation team starting on Wednesday the 16th of August between 4pm and 6pm GMT.

We will be on hand between the above times to answer any PayPal related questions - or just to have a quick chat Smiley Happy

We are going to leave this thread open for questions until the live chat ends on the 16th of August. If there is anything that you would like to ask, please feel free to stop by.

Talk to you soon!

David.

Login to Me Too
24 REPLIES 24

Kyle_Trager
Contributor
Contributor
Hi PayPal,
I have a problem with receiving any payment on my PayPal business account, my friend has tried many times to send me payment and every time he try to send me, PayPal says "We can't send your payment right now. If you keep experiencing this problem, please contact us."

To make sure that he has no problem with his account, he sent payment to another friend and the payment successfully has sent.

Can you fix this problem please? Thank you
Login to Me Too

Kyle_Trager
Contributor
Contributor
Hi PayPal, I have a problem with receiving any payment on my PayPal business account, my friend has tried many times to send me payment and every time he try to send me, PayPal says "We can't send your payment right now. If you keep experiencing this problem, please contact us." To make sure that he has no problem with his account, he sent payment to another friend and the payment successfully has sent. Can you fix this problem please? Thank you
Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi @Kyle_Trager

Welcome to the Community!

If your friend is unable to send a payment to your account but they can send a payment to a different PayPal account, it sounds to me that there may be something on your account that is preventing incoming payments.

I would advise you to check the Resolution Centre on your PayPal account. This will advise you if there is a limitation or request for information that may be preventing a payment from being received.

If there is steps that you need to complete in your Resolution Centre, you can complete the steps by clicking the 'Resolve' option beside each step in your Resolution Centre.

David.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PayPal_david

Hi David,

2 queries please.

1. We are getting a lot of posts asking for the 'number of purse', as paypal accounts do not have numbers why are companies requesting them from paypal users?

2. Secondly also getting queries from folks paying using 'debit cards' / friends and family but getting charged a fee when it is supposed to be free unless they use a credit card. They are using visa / mastercard debit cards so can you explain why they are paying a fee please.

Cheers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Dracini
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @PayPal_david

I have submitted documents (Proof of Identity and Proof of Address) to Paypal to clear a limitation on my account. Whenever I submit these, they appear to be under review until a few days later, when the Resolution Center seems to think these are no longer under review. The limitation still has not been cleared. I can't see whether my documents were actually reviewed and rejected or whether the website has simply 'dropped' them for some reason. If they were rejected, I can't see why they were rejected (to try and fix the problem). Could you help me resolve this, please?

Edit: I just checked again and it looks like my Proof of Address has been accepted, but the Proof of Identity is still outstanding. Is there any way I can see why this has not gone through?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hey @Dracini

I'm sorry to hear what has happened on your account recently.

If you have provided documents through your account to get a limitation resolved, the informaiton needs to be reviewed by the relevant teams. Once this has been done, you will then be contacted with an update. 

If your proof of address has been accepted but your proof of identity has not been accepted yet, can you please check to see if you have received an email advising the information has not been accepted? 

David.

Login to Me Too

Dracini
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @PayPal_david

I have just checked again and I do have an email! Thank you for your help!

I'm not sure whether you can feed this back but it would be very useful to have this information on the website itself, or at least a notice to say "This has been rejected, please check your email for the reason".

I'll try this again and hopefully all will be well this time around.

Thank you again.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

That's no problem. I'm glad to hear that you received an update from the relevant teams @Dracini

I will ensure to provide your feedback to the relevant teams to see if notification can be shown on the website if information has not been accepted. Smiley Wink

David.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Heya @kernowlass

Thanks for reaching out.

I have never heard of a 'number of purse' reference to a PayPal account. The only individual reference to a PayPal account would be a unique email address. If a customer is being asked for a reference to their PayPal account, they would only need to provide their email address. 

If customers are being charged for sending a personal payment from a debit card, that would mean that the bank reference we would have received from the bank would not indicate the card is a debit card. If you ask the customers to reach out to us directly, we can update the information on our side to ensure the card appears as a debit card. Then we can also refund any of the fees that have been applied.

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.