PayPal UK Community Chat – 15/11/2017

PayPal_david

Hi everyone!

We will be on hand today facilitating the UK Moderator Chat starting on Wednesday the 25th of October between 4pm and 6pm GMT.

We will be on hand between the above times to answer any PayPal related questions - or just to have a quick chat Smiley Happy We are going to leave this thread open for questions until the chat ends on the 25th of October.

When you see our threads showing as being live on the Community, don't be afraid to ask your questions before the scheduled time. If we don't respond to you during the day, we will get back to you within the scheduled times.

If there is anything that you would like to ask, please feel free to stop by.

Talk to you soon!

David.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

Ssikano
Contributor
Contributor
Hello PayPal. I'm living in Germany but I'm not speaking German. Last week i buyed some auto parts on Ebay and 1 pack i have returned to the seller. I received a mail from PayPal with the refund but i don't find the money in the wallet. What can i do? Best regards!
Login to Me Too

AndyThomson
New Community Member

I've been asked to provide futher information (ID and Utility bill) which I have subbmitted.  It's been a while and I have heard nothing plus I still have a notification that says account info is missing.  When I click it is says it's all subbmitted.  It's pretty annoying as I can't access any of the payment my clients have been aking leaving me with no money.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @AndyThomson,

Welcome to our Community!

Unfortunately, we cannot take any action on accounts through contacts here on this Public Community. Once you have provided the documents we aim to review the documents within 72 hours, if the account has limitations on access to available funds. I would suggest you contact our Customer Support on 0800 358 7911 or contacting us directly via Twitter @AskPayPal or via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and we can look into this further for you. You can also send a request through the secure Message Centre on your account.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

Colem4n
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

I have claimed an amount of money sent by a friend to my mobile but it still hasn't appeared in my balance and there is no record of the transaction in my activity so I don't know if the payment is pending or not? I just wanted some clarification on how long I needed to wait as usually payments appear instantly in my balance & activity.

Regards,

Cole

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @Colem4n,

Welcome to our UK Community!

In this case, you should have received the payment instantly, if you have already received payments this way before. It would seem to be a technical issue. I would suggest you contact our Customer Support for assistance. They can search for the payment to assist you claiming it. You could also ask the sender, as you know them, to cancel the unclaimed payment on their side and resend it to your email address. Please note unclaimed payments automatically reverse to the sender's account after 30 days.

You will find our Customer Support teams detail in the Help section on your account.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @Ssikano

Welcome to our UK Community!

Unfortunately, we cannot discuss account specific issue here on the Public Community. It depends how the payment was funded, if you used your card, bank account or balance. If you click on the details of the payment in your Activity section on your account, you should see where the refund is going.

You can also send a request through the secure Message Centre on your account to search for the refund. The email you received should have informed you how much was refunded and how long the refund would take to reach you.

If you need ot contact our German Customer Support by phone on 0800 723 4500, please note most of our agents can speak English.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

Ssikano
Contributor
Contributor
The payment was made by bank account. In the activity section didn't appear this transaction. I can't see my payment and the refund also. I have only the mail from PayPal who said i was refund but nothing else in my PayPal app or account. Thanks a lot mate for the response and the number. I'm gonna try to call tomorrow and will see wats next. Best regards!
Login to Me Too

jay921
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there

I have been having a few issues with my account recently. The last two times I have purchased items through PayPal I get a text message saying that the transaction was marked suspicious and to reply if it has been authorised.

The first time I get a text message it says that a GBP transaction was marked suspicious. I respond that it is an authorised transaction for the seller, as the prices are in the correct currency and the payment does go through.

However, later on I get another text message saying that a USD transaction was marked suspicious. It is from the same seller and the same digits from the first transaction I have just authorised (e.g. the first text says: a -£7.12 transaction with X. While the second says: A -$7.12 transaction with X). So I respond by saying that it is not authorised as it is in the wrong currency and my account gets locked.

I unlock my account, I go to the resolution centre and now see that the disputed claim is now listed as a GBP transaction, when on my text message it was saying it is a USD transaction.

If the transaction is listed as the correct GBP transaction under the resolution centre, why do I get the second text message saying that it was a USD transaction?

Regards

jay921

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @jay921,

Welcome to our Community!

Unfortunately, I cannot discuss this specific issue here on this Public platform. It could be that something else triggered our Security in this transaction process. I would suggest you contact our Customer Support by sending an email through the secure Message Centre of your account. Our team should see why this transaction would have triggered these confirmation request twice. 

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.