PayPal UK Community Chat – 04/10/2017

PayPal_Martin

Hi Everybody!

We will be facilitating the UK Community Chat with our moderation team starting on Wednesday the 4th of October between 4pm and 6pm GMT.

We will be on hand between the above times to answer any PayPal related questions - or just to have a quick chat Smiley Happy

We are going to leave this thread open for questions until the live chat ends on the 4th of October. If there is anything that you would like to ask, please feel free to stop by.

Talk to you soon!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PayPal_Martin

Seems to be ongoing issues around opening claims. Folks are opening them but failing to see them in the resolution centre. They try and open it again and get a message saying 'you have an opened dispute' but nothing is 'viewable' in the resolution centre??

Also the link that I supply from paypal help pages for Monarch airways issues seems to lead them to a link to claim but nothing happens and they end up going round in circles.

Is the dispute process in melt-down at the moment?   Smiley Wink

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @kernowlass ,

In regards to the visiblility of recently open disputes, we are aware of an ongoing technical issue. This has been highlighted as an urgent matter and hopefully we will have it resolved quite soon.

The Monarch issue is an ongoing problem but the link provided seems to work. There is a disclaimer advising customers of the delays processing complaints.  https://www.paypal.com/uk/selfhelp/article/monarch-flight-and-holiday-cancellations-faq3721.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

SophieLG
Contributor
Contributor

I'm moving from Hong Kong to Thailand, and get some new credit cards. I'm not able to keep my HK PayPal accounts, Ok fine I have closed these accounts. But at the time of opening new PayPall accounts in Thailnad, my emails addresses cannot be used ! I should create brand new email addresses, while my personal and professional email addresses have not changes at all ! I'm so disappointed that PayPal is not able to manage this !

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @SophieLG,

Welcome to our UK Community!

That is strange , once you close an account the email address is freed up for further use. There should be no problem recycling an email address like this. Did you get an confirmation email stating the account is closed? I would suggest you reach our to Customer Support to see why your email addresses have been blocked.

Here are some instruction in case the account was not closed correctly - https://www.paypal.com/hk/selfhelp/article/how-do-i-close-my-paypal-account-faq1215e

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.