PayPal UK Community Chat - 04/04/2018

PayPal_Martin

Hi Everybody!

We will be facilitating the UK Community Chat with our moderation team starting on Wednesday the 4th of April between 4pm and 6pm GMT.

We will be on hand between the above times to answer any PayPal related questions - or just to have a quick chat.

We are going to leave this thread open for questions until the live chat ends on the 4th of April. If there is anything that you would like to ask, please feel free to stop by.

Talk to you soon

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

Bozing
Contributor
Contributor

Its 4 oclock, whats happening?  where are you?  I do not know do I write a problem here?  If I have posted this in the wrong place, please move or delete, 

What is SEPA

I was verified, then once, when I was paying for something, as I logged into PayPal a form came up about my bank and serp, I clicked it then my account was gone on paypal. Then I had to set up my bank details again, now the same pop up is appearing. 

What is this Serp and what do I have to do? 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @Bozing

Welcome to our UK Community,

You would normally not have this problem on a UK account. SEPA stands for Single Euro Payments Area, this has impact on accounts registered in countries that use Euros.  We have recently opened up the option to use SEPA registered bank accounts a funding source through a direct debit process to several countries. You could have initiated the confirmation process to setup this funding source and it is asking you to complete the process. You will find instruction the the wallet section of your account.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

Mags007
New Community Member

I am trying to confirm my bank account with the code you sent with that 1 penny, however my bank account doesnt show up in my wallet and when I try to add it again I get an error message, so how can I confirm that this is my bank account?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @Mags007

Welcome to our Community!

It sounds like the bank has been deactivated. This normally only happens if either the bank denies the request to allow the bank confirmation or the code has been entered incorrectly. In such case , it is best you contact our Customer Support directly , so they can activate the bank again or assist with it's verification. You can reach our UK Customer Support on 0800 358 7911.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

jeromechan10
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, there are 2 transactions stayed in my pending column for 3 and 4 days respectively. Both of them are refunds and I was confirmed by email from the retailer. I would like to ask when will those transactions go back to my bank account since I am in urgent to use money. 

Thanks,

Jerome

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @jeromechan10

Welcome to our Community.

It sounds like the refunds are pending because of the bank funding process. If you funded the payment using your bank account it can take up to 5-7 business days for the funding to clear to PayPal, as explained here Pending Refund.

It could also get delayed when the merchant's funding source has not cleared. In both case, if you view the details of the pending refund in the Activity section of your account, you should get the estimated time the funds will clear.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

blackwing4
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, I made a claim on paypal and the seller did not respond within 10 days (Was asked to Respond by 2nd April) I did a bit of googling and apparently the case should of been decided in my favour however it is still under review. Is there a rough estimate of how long this process could take? 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @blackwing4

Welcome to our Community!

Normally, in these case the case goes in to a queue for review once the 10th day is over. It would seem the issue has not yet been reviewed by an agent. We aim to have these cases reviewed within 48 hours , but sometimes it goes over this expected timeframe.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.