PayPal Community Q&A - October 19, 2018 - Closed

PayPal_Martin

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Q&A session on Friday, October 19th, from 4-5pm GMT.

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the session is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Q&A session works:

The session opens at 4pm GMT. Once it is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post a question, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the Q&A, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the Q&A session, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 5pm GMT, the session will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the Q&A session by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Martin.

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

PayPal_Martin

Hi everybody!

Today's Community Q&A session at is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Forum User Agreement and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This Q&A session is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT and Friday from 4pm to 5pm GMT, so if you missed us this time, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

- Martin

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Chris1544
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, first of all thank you for doing this chat Martin

And then I have to say unfortunately so far we had a horrible experience with Paypal. We have a problem that I tried solving with Paypal support, various paypal email addresses and Paypal customer service and couldn't solve it. I just got the generic response with FAQ that didn't help and when I replied to that email never got any response (more than a week already from the last reply).

My account has been locked but there are still funds there that belong to us. We have been given 180 days waiting period to be able to withdraw the funds. That period has already pasted one month ago. 

The problem is the funds still cannot be withdrawn. It allows me to only withdraw by using linked bank account or card which are not there because they were not approved before. Moreover we have already closed the business in UAE so we don't have bank account or card in that country anymore (6+ months is a long time and Paypal didn't allow us to withdraw before). We can use either bank account or card in a different country, transfer to another Paypal account etc. but that's not possible with this account. 
Also, if I want to change the country it will say I have to close this paypal account and create a new one - firstly that will not work since we were told we cannot create another Paypal account. Secondly that would mean the funds are stuck there.

We have earned these funds by selling products to happy customers who still have their products and didn't request refunds. You can check it (only one requested refund from like 15 of them and we have granted it). So the customers have their products but Paypal has the money, we have nothing. Don't you agree we should have the funds? Maybe it's not a lot of money for Paypal bu it's a lot for us. It's like 1700 - 2000$ so we can't let this go.

And please don't give me an email to contact as they will not reply like before. Already tried many times and many emails.

If you require any more information from us let me know.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @Chris1544

Welcome to our PayPal Community Q&A session!

I understand your predicament, because of the nature of this session I cannot provide any account specific information or instructions. If you are no longer in the country the account has been set up, you may not have any financials linked to this country.  You could try adding a prepaid Visa card, as in the UAE this is the preferred method of withdrawal. If this is not possible you can send a request to our Customer Support to have the funds transferred to another PayPal account from a friend or family member to assist with this withdrawal. The latter method of transfer is rarely accepted but you can try, the recipient account must of good standing order and have no issues and fully verified. 

You will need to request this through the Message Centre on your account. I cannot guarantee this will be accepted.

Thanks 

Martin

Login to Me Too

Chris1544
Contributor
Contributor

Which message centre? Last time I try to contact Paypal through support page and click on email as the only option they never got back to me, only generic auto reply email

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @Chris1544

The Message Centre in the Help section. Please chose the correct topic for your escalation, this would be withdrawal issues. You can also try calling our Support or contacting us on  Facebook or Twitter

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

sweetshop
Contributor
Contributor
Hello I’ve used my business name instead of my actual name and my account got limited I’ve got the UK HMRC documents I’ve got 2 account Both got limited I would like them back I’m trying to send them but there is a automatic email saying we’re initiating the closure of your account I’ve had this 7 times in 2 months Please help me and also please try help me reopen my account Anything
Login to Me Too

sweetshop
Contributor
Contributor
RE: PP-007-325-780-213 I am kindly requesting that the hold on my funds/account be lifted. I am not necessarily requesting that my account be re-opened or allowed to continue to use the PayPal service, as I have used PayPal before I want my funds released immediately The customer service of which I have been giving all my customers are extremely exceptional You have around 3 days to contact me via email or I will be filing complaints And to see what rights I have. You have 5 hrs to contact me today or tomorrow Thanks I have 99.7% positive feedback With only 1 dispute opened this week ever I have another account. 2 accounts Also got limited PayPal are telling me different things for the limited reason on the account Patrick said that I had imput my business name instead of my legal name - I sent hmrc documents on the 18-10-18 and no one has replied to me I personally think my accounts should be reopened - eBay They have also have a say in this Hello Ms ——- Thank you for contacting eBay Customer Support in regard to the item number 192661847545. I can certainly understand that you are concerned about the buyer who have opened a dispute on PayPal . Please don't worry I will assist you in the best possible manner. I see that there is no fraudulent activity on your account - however I must advise you to contact PayPal as they should reopen your account Here is the direct link of PayPal Help Page: <a href="https://www.PayPal.com/gb/webapps/helpcenter/helphub/home/" target="_blank">https://www.PayPal.com/gb/webapps/helpcenter/helphub/home/</a> You can contact PayPal on phone at 0 - Free phone from a UK landline. However, costs from mobile may apply. Alternative number: If you are calling from outside the United Kingdom (International call charges may apply). PayPal's opening hours are: 8:00 am – 10:00 pm Monday to Friday 8:00 am – 9:00 pm Saturday; 9:00 am – 9:00 pm Sunday For Claims or limitations, hours of service are: 8:00 am – 8:30 pm Monday to Friday; 8:00 am – 6:30 pm Saturday; 9:00 am – 6:30 pm Sunday I really respect your efforts which you have taken in this transaction responsibly. We value your experience and trading on eBay You have respectfully Given each member a wonderful customer service experience . Thank you for being a valuable member of eBay. I wish you have a great day ahead. Kind Regards, S. eBay Customer Support Above can show that there is no fraudulent activity Yes I have 2 accounts which I own I’m happy sending the same documents again I hope to see an answer soon Thanks
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @sweetshop

Welcome to our PayPal Community Q&A Session!

I am sorry to see you are having such issues. Unfortunately, I cannot discuss or take any action on the account through contacts on this platform. If you have two accounts both in your business name, this can only be changed if the businesses are legal business entities.  This can be done as follows:

Infocenter

Login to Me Too

Mbappe
Contributor
Contributor
I am faced with occasional issues of sending out funds above $100 at a time.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.