PayPal Community Q&A - October 17, 2018 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Q&A on Wednesday, October 17th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the Q&A is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Q&A works:

The Q&A opens at 1 pm PT. Once the Q&A is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the Q&A, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the Q&A, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the Q&A, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 2 pm PT, the Q&A will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the Q&A by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

- Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

TonyDuke
Contributor
Contributor

Can I register a few paypal accounts in different currencies or a kind of multi-currency paypal account for one company in order to receive and make online payments in different currencies?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@TonyDuke wrote:

Can I register a few paypal accounts in different currencies or a kind of multi-currency paypal account for one company in order to receive and make online payments in different currencies?

Hi @TonyDuke,

A PayPal account should only be created in the country in which you reside. You should not have more than one personal and one business account. You can, however, have multiple currency balances in one account. 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

TonyDuke
Contributor
Contributor

Multiple balances in one account is great sollution! Could you please take a minute to clarify it for me?

Does it mean that payments received from the UK customers charged in GBP will be automatically allocated to the GBP ballance, payments charged in USD to the USD ballance and so on?

Is it the same for sending payments? 

How many balances per account are allowed? 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@TonyDuke wrote:

Multiple balances in one account is great sollution! Could you please take a minute to clarify it for me?

Does it mean that payments received from the UK customers charged in GBP will be automatically allocated to the GBP ballance, payments charged in USD to the USD ballance and so on?

Is it the same for sending payments? 

How many balances per account are allowed? 

Hi @TonyDuke,

That's correct. As long as you open a balance in the given currency, it will go into that balance. If you send a payment in a given currency, you will see the funding method selected for that payment on the payment screen. If it's taking from the balance, it will select the balance that you hold in that currency. There is not a limit to the number of currencies that you can hold.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

TonyDuke
Contributor
Contributor

Is it easy to set up a new balance?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@TonyDuke wrote:

Is it easy to set up a new balance?

Hi @TonyDuke,

It's very simple! Click the details option next to the PayPal balance and select to Manage Currencies. You will see the option to add a currency.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

TonyDuke
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Olivia Thank you so much for your answers! It helps a lot! I appreciate your dedication!

Have a nice day!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@TonyDuke wrote:

@PayPal_Olivia Thank you so much for your answers! It helps a lot! I appreciate your dedication!

Have a nice day!

Happy to help, @TonyDuke! I hope you have a great day too!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

adayoner

Have there been issues with 2 factor lately?  It used to work fine for me but there ahve been times recently it takes > 10 minutes and just today I tried to login to purchase something and I still have not gotten any sms for my 2 factor ( had to alternative login with personal info)

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@adayoner wrote:

Have there been issues with 2 factor lately?  It used to work fine for me but there ahve been times recently it takes > 10 minutes and just today I tried to login to purchase something and I still have not gotten any sms for my 2 factor ( had to alternative login with personal info)

Hi @adayoner,

I'm sorry to hear that you've run into issues with 2 factor authentication. Please consider contacting customer service to have the issue reported so our technicians can take a look at what's happening. To contact customer service, please click Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page for contact options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.