PayPal Community Q&A - October 17, 2018 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Q&A on Wednesday, October 17th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the Q&A is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Q&A works:

The Q&A opens at 1 pm PT. Once the Q&A is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the Q&A, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the Q&A, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the Q&A, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 2 pm PT, the Q&A will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the Q&A by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

- Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everybody!

Today's Community Q&A is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Forum User Agreement and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT and Friday from 4pm to 5pm GMT, so if you missed us this time, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

TonyDuke
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!

Where can I find a list of the countries where PayPal Business accounts are supported?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@TonyDuke wrote:

Hello!

Where can I find a list of the countries where PayPal Business accounts are supported?

Hi @TonyDuke,

Thank you for joining the Community Q&A! I'm afraid the list you request does not exist, but if you click the flag in the lower-right corner of the page, you can view the localized site for the countries that we support, and see whether or not that feature is offered on the main page for the given country.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

TonyDuke
Contributor
Contributor

I found this list of countries where paypal works. How do I know is business account supported for a country from this list?

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/country-worldwide

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@TonyDuke wrote:

I found this list of countries where paypal works. How do I know is business account supported for a country from this list?

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/country-worldwide

Hi @TonyDuke,

If you visit the main PayPal page of the country that you're interested in reviewing, you will see if a Business account is an available feature in that country. You can reach the main page of any country by clicking the flag at the bottom right corner of PayPal.com and selecting the country that you want to review.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

TonyDuke
Contributor
Contributor

Where can I find actual excange rates applied to business accounts when Paypal account currency and transaction currency are different?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@TonyDuke wrote:

Where can I find actual excange rates applied to business accounts when Paypal account currency and transaction currency are different?

Hi @TonyDuke,

Great question!

The exchange rate is determined twice a day, and is applied when you set up a currency conversion in your account. You will be able to see the rate being applied, and accept it to continue the conversion, or cancel the conversion.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

TonyDuke
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your answer!  Can I know exchange rate without initiating a transaction? Is it available online?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@TonyDuke wrote:

Thank you for your answer!  Can I know exchange rate without initiating a transaction? Is it available online?

Hi @TonyDuke,

That information is not posted anywhere as it is not a static rate. The only way to see it is to begin to set up a transaction, which you can opt not to complete.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.