PayPal Community Q&A - November 7, 2018 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Q&A on Wednesday, November 7th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the Q&A is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Q&A works:

The Q&A opens at 1 pm PT. Once the Q&A is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the Q&A, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the Q&A, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the Q&A, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 2 pm PT, the Q&A will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the Q&A by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

- Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everybody!

Today's Community Q&A is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Forum User Agreement and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This event is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT and Friday from 4pm to 5pm GMT, so if you missed us this time, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Roby1
New Community Member

Hi Olivia,

I've been trying to figure out the cost to send $5,000 to a friend in Israel.

I would be sending it from my PayPal account to his Paypal account.  The money would come from an attached bank account of mine.

I am not using a credit card, and don't want to convert the currency.  I want to send $US from my account to his.

Thanks!  

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@Roby1 wrote:

Hi Olivia,

I've been trying to figure out the cost to send $5,000 to a friend in Israel.

I would be sending it from my PayPal account to his Paypal account.  The money would come from an attached bank account of mine.

I am not using a credit card, and don't want to convert the currency.  I want to send $US from my account to his.

Thanks!  

Hey @Roby1,

Thanks for dropping by chat today, and great question! Fees related to sending money can vary based on location and method. In your case, as long as there's no conversion, you're sending a personal payment, and you're using a bank, there would only be what we call a cross border fee. This is a fee for sending international payments. Typically, this fee is 1% of the transaction, but can vary based on location. 

The good news is that our system will automatically calculate the fee for the transaction when you go through the process to send it. Before the payment is finalized, we'll let you know how much the fee will be in total, and you can decide before paying if it's acceptable for you.

Make sure your friend has their payment receiving preferences set to allow payments in currencies other than their primary currency, that way there shouldn't be any problems in receiving the payment on their end.

I hope this information helps! Have a great rest of your day. 🙂

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Roby1
New Community Member

Thank you Ashley!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@Roby1 wrote:

Thank you Ashley!

You're welcome! 🙂

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Cody12121

Hello. I have been having an issue with linking my bank account over that past few weeks now. Every time I go to link my back account, I put in all of my info and I get a message saying "This process can't be completed at this time. Try again later". I have been trying to link my back account to my paypal account for weeks and still no change. I have clients that have paid me and the money is being returned to them due to this. The bank account that I am currently trying to link was originally on this account, but was removed for a reason that I do not know of. 

Please help! 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@Cody12121 wrote:

Hello. I have been having an issue with linking my bank account over that past few weeks now. Every time I go to link my back account, I put in all of my info and I get a message saying "This process can't be completed at this time. Try again later". I have been trying to link my back account to my paypal account for weeks and still no change. I have clients that have paid me and the money is being returned to them due to this. The bank account that I am currently trying to link was originally on this account, but was removed for a reason that I do not know of. 

Please help! 

Hi @Cody12121,

I'm sorry to hear that you have been unable to successfully link your bank account. If it was on the account previously and was removed by the system, there are multiple potential reasons why the bank might have been removed. For instance, it's possible that there was an error of some kind in communication with the bank. If there was an issue with the bank account previously, the bank may not be able to be added again through the site. Please contact customer service to allow a representative to take a look at what's happening, pinpoint the issue, and look for solutions specific to the issue they find. To contact customer service, please click Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page for contact options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Thank you to everyone for participating in this week's Q&A session!  

The weekly Q&A session is now closed.  All thread content will remain viewable, but locked.  Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the next hour.

If you missed chatting with us today, please come back Friday, November 9th at 4pm GMT, or next week on Wednesday, November 14th at 1pm PT. We'd love to meet you!

See you then!

- Ashley M

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.