PayPal Community Q&A - November 30, 2018 - Closed

PayPal_Martin

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Q&A session on Friday, November 30th, from 4-5pm GMT.

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the session is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Q&A session works:

The session opens at 4pm GMT. Once it is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post a question, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the Q&A, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the Q&A session, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 5pm GMT, the session will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the Q&A session by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Martin.

Labels
    Login to Me Too
    7 REPLIES 7

PayPal_Martin

Hi everybody!

Today's Community Q&A is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Forum User Agreement and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This event is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT and Friday from 4pm to 5pm GMT, so if you missed us this time, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

Martin

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
    Login to Me Too

markusait
    Contributor
    Contributor

Hi Martin,

thanks for doing this Q&A sessions really cool stuff!

I have a very specific questions regarding the functionalities of API calls. 

I want to make an API call from an ethereum smart contract to check if a payment from User A to User B has occured. 

Lets say I have a website/webapp that brings A and B together. How can I make sure that an external party (the smart contract) is authorized to 1. see that a payment occured 2.  get the details of the transaction

I am assuming that the smart contract can store the necessary API authentification tokens

I know that is a bit of a broad question buy help is appreciated.

Cheers,

Markus

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

@markusait

Hi Markus,

Welcome to our Community Q&A,

I am sorry to see you are have such difficulties. I would suggest you sign up with our Merchant Technical Support site here.

Once you sign up you can present your issue and this will be allocated to a technical support agent. Please bear in mind this is a busy period so there might be some delays in responses. You also search through our developer portal for a solution.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

Working9Man
    Contributor
    Contributor

I've been using the PayPal cart on my website forever, and I noticed lately that it doesn't put in the right (or any) shipping amount sometimes.  This could have been going on for a while tho.

When I use the shipping and shipping2 variables, it works fine, but when I don't use those variables at all, it doesn't put any shipping in the cart.  It's supposed to default back to the shipping calculations I have set up in my profile -- which are based on item amount value, and I have not changed in years -- but it's not doing that at all.  So somebody may buy something off my website for hundreds of dollars and not have any shipping charged at all -- what's going on?

In my domestic shipping method, I have the "Override shipping methods per transaction:" option  set to On -- although it doesn't seem to make a difference if it's on or off.

this is an example of the HTML code I use to add an item to the PayPal cart :

<form target="paypal" action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
    <input type="image" src="../Images/AddToCart.gif" border="0" name="submit" alt="Add to Shopping Cart">
    <input type="hidden" name="add" value="1">
    <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_cart">
    <input type="hidden" name="business" value="Working.Man(AT)usa.net">
    <input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="1917 Type 1 Standing Liberty Quarter XF">
    <input type="hidden" name="item_number" value="Qua1917Ty1XF">
    <input type="hidden" name="amount" value="130.00">
    <input type="hidden" name="handling_cart" value="2.00"></form>

What am I doing wrong?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @Working9Man

Welcome to our Community Q&A Session!

You will find assistance to such issues with our Technical Support or Developer teams. We have a Merchant Technical Support site accessible here. Our Developer site has also updates on current issues, you can reach them here. In such situation  you can also reach out to the dedicated  Merchant Technical Support Community.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

Working9Man
    Contributor
    Contributor

ya, did all that -- no help yet ....

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

@Working9Man

You could try calling our support, if you haven't already. You can also contact our Merchant team on Twitter @PayPal_MTS  .

Martin

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.