PayPal Community Q&A - November 28, 2018 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Q&A on Wednesday, November 28th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the Q&A is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Q&A works:

The Q&A opens at 1 pm PT. Once the Q&A is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the Q&A, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the Q&A, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the Q&A, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 2 pm PT, the Q&A will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the Q&A by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
24 REPLIES 24

debsbigcloset
Contributor
Contributor
I thought so thanks so much for confirming!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@debsbigcloset wrote:
I thought so thanks so much for confirming!

Hey @debsbigcloset,

You're welcome! Have a great rest of your day. 🙂

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Jennell209
Contributor
Contributor
Every month I do an instant transfer to my bank account for free. This month there is a $10 fee. Why?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@Jennell209 wrote:
Every month I do an instant transfer to my bank account for free. This month there is a $10 fee. Why?

Hi @Jennell209,

I'm sorry for any confusion regarding fees for instant transfer. The fee was previously $0.25 for an instant transfer to bank. That fee has changed to 1% of the transaction amount. Changes to policy are communicated prior to the change taking place and are also listed on our policy updates page.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

LaurenKR

Hi! 

I'm having trouble figuring out where my organization can edit the automated email receipt that our donors receive after making a donation through Paypal via our website. It has outdated contact information that needs to be changed. Thank you! 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@LaurenKR wrote:

Hi! 

I'm having trouble figuring out where my organization can edit the automated email receipt that our donors receive after making a donation through Paypal via our website. It has outdated contact information that needs to be changed. Thank you! 

Hi @LaurenKR,

Thank you for joining our Q&A session! The business contact information can be edited in your PayPal account, and it will automatically produce the correct information on those receipts. To edit that information, please go to profile, profile and settings, business information, and click "edit" in the first section where all the contact information is listed.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

LaurenKR

Thank you. The tricky part is that there is actual email content - several paragraphs - that needs to be edited. I'm not seeing an option to edit that. Thanks! 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@LaurenKR wrote:

Thank you. The tricky part is that there is actual email content - several paragraphs - that needs to be edited. I'm not seeing an option to edit that. Thanks! 

Hi @LaurenKR,

The email content for receipts generated by PayPal is pre-formatted. While it can pull in the updated contact information, further customization is not a feature. A developer might be able to create a more advanced customized solution that you can use via your own website. You can check out the Merchant Integration Technical Support community and see if there are other suggestions. I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Cannapreneur

I am having an issue with the Simple Wordpress Plug in, getting the "this feature is available for Business and Premier accounts" when people try to subscribe to my membership. I setup the buttons and tested and I thought everything was good but now someone is trying to add their card and it's giving them that message. https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=3MbNIDTUZPF7XqwVf5BDF6L5PTr19rtJPo5hXaHY4...

I am so confused where the issue is happening. Should I start with the Membership Plug in? Or something on Paypal?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@Cannapreneur wrote:

I am having an issue with the Simple Wordpress Plug in, getting the "this feature is available for Business and Premier accounts" when people try to subscribe to my membership. I setup the buttons and tested and I thought everything was good but now someone is trying to add their card and it's giving them that message. https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=3MbNIDTUZPF7XqwVf5BDF6L5PTr19rtJPo5hXaHY4...

I am so confused where the issue is happening. Should I start with the Membership Plug in? Or something on Paypal?

Hi @Cannapreneur,

Thanks for your question, and similar to BKariuki, this question would be best answered by visiting our Merchant Technical Support community. Please follow the link for more information regarding plug ins. Thanks!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.