PayPal Community Q&A - November 14, 2018 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Q&A on Wednesday, November 14th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the Q&A is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Q&A works:

The Q&A opens at 1 pm PT. Once the Q&A is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the Q&A, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the Q&A, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the Q&A, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 2 pm PT, the Q&A will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the Q&A by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

- Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everybody!

Today's Community Q&A is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Forum User Agreement and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This event is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT and Friday from 4pm to 5pm GMT, so if you missed us this time, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

voidacademy

Hi folks! I'm trying to switch to a business account, however it doesn't seem to want to accept my last name, since there's a hyphen in it. Unfortunately, as soon as I log in it asks for this verification, but the last name field is uneditable and won't allow me to proceed.

So now I'm locked out of my account entirely, and I have a customer waiting for me to fix this. Is there some way to change my name without logging in?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@voidacademy wrote:

Hi folks! I'm trying to switch to a business account, however it doesn't seem to want to accept my last name, since there's a hyphen in it. Unfortunately, as soon as I log in it asks for this verification, but the last name field is uneditable and won't allow me to proceed.

So now I'm locked out of my account entirely, and I have a customer waiting for me to fix this. Is there some way to change my name without logging in?

Hi @voidacademy,

I'm sorry to hear that there is difficulty in getting your account set up. If you are unable to log in to complete the name change request, please contact customer service to get assistance. To contact customer service, please click Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page for contact options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

voidacademy

Thanks for responding I guess.

Chat support was zero help, so I guess I'll wait an hour on hold instead and try my luck over the phone.

Can you explain why it might have rejected my last name, and why this discrepancy is completely locking me out of my account?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@voidacademy wrote:

Thanks for responding I guess.

Chat support was zero help, so I guess I'll wait an hour on hold instead and try my luck over the phone.

Can you explain why it might have rejected my last name, and why this discrepancy is completely locking me out of my account?

Hi @voidacademy,

I regret that I would be unable to tell without being able to look at the account to troubleshoot. A representative over one of the support channels would be able to offer the needed account-specific assistance. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

nhassan99
New Community Member

Hey i am trying to send money from my paypal account to my card. My phone number is verified in paypal but when i go to deposit the funds no number is there and when i try to add my number it wont let me. Could you please help

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@nhassan99 wrote:

Hey i am trying to send money from my paypal account to my card. My phone number is verified in paypal but when i go to deposit the funds no number is there and when i try to add my number it wont let me. Could you please help

Hi @nhassan99,

Sorry to hear about the trouble withdrawing funds. 😞 Based on what you've said, it sounds like we're wanting verification using your phone before we're allowing the withdrawal. Is that correct? And when this happens, you're not able to use your phone? Do you receive any kind of error message?

If you're unable to add the phone or use it for verification, we may need you to contact us so that we can assist with the verification process. You can also reach out on Facebook or Twitter for assistance.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Szacher
New Community Member
Has paypal fixed the glitch in the system to where your payments can be transferred to your bank account?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@Szacher wrote:
Has paypal fixed the glitch in the system to where your payments can be transferred to your bank account?

Hey @Szacher,

Great question - regrettably, this is still an ongoing issue we're working to solve. We appreciate your patience while we resolve the problem and get everything up and running again.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.