PayPal Community Q&A - May 31, 2019 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Q&A session on Friday, May 31st, from 4-5pm GMT.

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the session is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Q&A session works:

The session opens at 4pm GMT. Once it is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post a question, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the Q&A, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the Q&A session, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 5pm GMT, the session will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the Q&A session by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everybody!

Today's Community Q&A is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Forum User Agreement and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This event is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT and Friday from 4pm to 5pm GMT, so if you missed us this time, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

CJEU
Hi! Why do you preselect a currency conversion for me when i pay in a foreign currency with my credit card? You choose for me without my consent! This is against EU law and you still doing it! Why?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@CJEU wrote:
Hi! Why do you preselect a currency conversion for me when i pay in a foreign currency with my credit card? You choose for me without my consent! This is against EU law and you still doing it! Why?

Hi @CJEU,

I'm sorry to hear that the card on your account is not set to the currency that you would prefer. Cards default to the local currency when they are added to the account. To have the card use a different currency, please contact customer service to request that a representative switch the currency for you. To make sure that the card information is not given in writing, calling by phone would be the best option. Click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website, then Call us. You can log in or call as a guest.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

CJEU
This was not an answer to my question. I asked why you preselect a conversion for me? Why do you make a decision for me? How can you do that?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@CJEU wrote:
This was not an answer to my question. I asked why you preselect a conversion for me? Why do you make a decision for me? How can you do that?

Hi @CJEU,

I appreciate your feedback about the currency selection of the card. I'm sorry about the frustration that you have experienced as a result of the currency being a default selection instead of one that can be chosen at the time that the card is added. PayPal does offer many options when it's feasible to do so in the setup of an account, and we're always examining pain points as they are discovered and making adjustments to how things are done. Your feedback is important.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

CJEU
I reported this issue back in 2017 where I was told It will be changed. The preselection you choose is illegal? How can you justify that?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@CJEU wrote:
I reported this issue back in 2017 where I was told It will be changed. The preselection you choose is illegal? How can you justify that?

Hi @CJEU.

For information about the User Agreement and submitting any complaints regarding that agreement, please click Legal at the bottom of the PayPal website and review all the policies that PayPal has available for your reference as well as the directions for contact for matters relating to your query. 

I'm happy to answer any questions to resolve issues experienced with your PayPal account or to provide general information about how PayPal works. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Benlfc13
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I had a paypal refund completed about 3 weeks ago, but i still do not have the refund available in my balance? Could you help me? Thanks
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@Benlfc13 wrote:
Hi I had a paypal refund completed about 3 weeks ago, but i still do not have the refund available in my balance? Could you help me? Thanks

Hi @Benlfc13,

Thank you for joining the Q&A! Was the original transaction funded by a bank, card, or balance? If it was funded by a bank or a card, the money from the transaction would be directed back to that payment method. If it's a card, it may take a full billing cycle to show in your card issuing bank's online banking or statement.

I hope this helps clarify things!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.